Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 14" Fuchs Alloy Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
greggearhead
SOLD and SHIPPED

Set of 4 - date stamped 2/71, 2/71, 9/69 and 11/69. One media blasted, one paint stripped (or faded) and two decent original finish.

$1000

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
VWPO914
Do these 14" Fuchs require tubes?
greggearhead
I have never heard that, but I'd be happy to learn as well.
VWPO914

Anyone able to answer?
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(VWPO914 @ May 16 2016, 05:32 PM) *

You mean like a Bicycle? C'mon really!
jim_hoyland
Interesting; what tires were last run on the rims ?
913B
I don't remember the exact reasoning but I do remember paying extra for the tire place to install tubes in them, they weren't that expensive though, but of course you wouldn't be able to patch it as easily if they were tubeless.

beerchug.gif
VWPO914
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ May 18 2016, 08:01 PM) *

QUOTE(VWPO914 @ May 16 2016, 05:32 PM) *

You mean like a Bicycle? C'mon really!

No Mike....I meant in PORSCHE 14" FUCHS, your sarcastic remark is not necessary, or for that matter appreciated. Modern GA aircraft still use tubes in tires. This explanation answered my question and you may have heard of him.

Dr Phil,
The safety beads are not related to tubeless tires.
They were a first attempt for run flats.
The "J" is not related to safety beads. That is why your wheels have the "J" and no safety bead.
There have been car companies that have used tubeless tires without safety beads. (Many British wheels had no safety beds in the 80s)
Porsche used the safety beads starting with the 911 (part number)series Fuchs wheels.
About 2 years before going to tubeless tires. The 912E 14" has safety beads...and the 911 forging number.
I have used tubeless tires on Porsches without safety beads since 1972.
Today many, if not the majority of vintage Porsches racing, use tubeless tires on wheels without safety beads.
The stem fittment is a different matter.
Like you showed, there should be a place for the "snap in" stem to seat...but if you put them in dry as we have done for decades, they will work. Or have them machined like we do the deep 6s.
Sometimes the stem bean counters make a slimmer stem that doesn't have enough interference to stay in. Look for another brand of 413 or use a metal stem.
Hope this helps.
Harvey

Yeah that Harvey "Weidman"

Thank you to the adults who made comments....
greggearhead
Bump
greggearhead
Bump
brant
Yes.

The beads were different on all 14 inch Fuchs and all deep 6inch rims (7r I assume also)

The factory recommends tubes, as during cornering the beads could leak and cause rapid deflation

That being said I have driven thousands of miles on 14's and also deep 6 fifteen inch rims.
greggearhead
Still available.
greggearhead
Offers?
greggearhead
Still available
greggearhead
Sold - shipping in a couple days.
bahnzai
Wheels received. Great job packaging for shipping!!A lot of cardboard between the wheels as well as around them and Styrofoam board outside of that.
Excellent. Thanks!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
greggearhead
Thanks. Packing wheels (or anything) is important.

I make things tight so they don't move around. If they start moving around, things will poke through cardboard or scratch each other, etc etc. I hate that.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.