Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Tach do I use????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jtf914
I recently switched to the crane xr700, and of course my tach is no longer working. Which tach do I need to use now, or is there a way to get my current tach operational again?

The tach currently in the car is not original, it was changed when the engine was rebuilt, and it was wired directly from the points signal (no ballast resistor). When I hook this tach to the negative side of the coil it reads way too high. Any suggestions????

Thanks! beer3.gif
Steve Thacker
Justin,
I run the same Crane unit. I however run the standard tach. What I suggest is that you need to order the correct resister /adapter from Crane for your tach application. It would be even more ideal to get a original tach if possible and use that. You don't need to any hookus pookus on it to get it to work.
jtf914
Thanks Steve. I took a look at their website and only found a tach adapter for the HI-6 unit. I gonna call their tech line and see it I can still use the adapter with the xr700. Thanks for the info beerchug.gif .
StratPlayer
They have to versions of the tac adapter:\
Prt # 6000-8910
6000-8920
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.