Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ideal tire size for Fuchs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
I'm picking up a set of Fuchs, and want to buy the 'RIGHT' rubber for them. I'll save you all the tire manufacturer debate, but what SIZE are people running? I like the lower-profile stuff, and there was someone this week that had 195-50-15 on theirs, that looked pretty tight. Can I go to a 205-50-15 on that rim? (15X5.5 - 4-bolt)

(I searched on every combination of "Fuch tire size" and got nothing useable.)
p914
Here's a 205 60 15 on that rim.
p914
and another perspective
GaroldShaffer
I run 205 50 15 on mine with no problem. You might have to roll your fender lip. I do find on a full lock turn the tire rubs the wheel well.
grantsfo
Yeah I run 205/50/15 on that wheel without any problems. I have run 195/60/15 too. I prefer 205/50/15
Mueller
Mike Rose has 195/50's on his Fuchs.....the ride was actually much better than I thought it would have been.....I borrowed his car at last years WCC and never had any complaints....

remember that the OD of the tire effects the speedo reading and the rpms while driving, make sure you can live with the higher revs while on the freeway....gas mileage might also suffer with the smaller tires........
CptTripps
Maybe I'll go with a 195-55-15. That'd be a good 'in the middle' for me.

My cousin works as a Handling Performance Engineer at Michelin, so I'll pick his brain a bit.

Thanks for the pics. I'm excited about these rims. I had them on my 76, and didn't know how good of a car I had...Maybe I'll post pics of that thing later.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 2 2005, 11:23 PM)
(15X5.5 - 4-bolt)

aha. i was going to tell you i'm running 225's and 245's on my 7's & 8's, but then i got to that last part...

i searched for "Fuchs AND tire AND size" ('Fuch' isn't a word, and when you want all the words to appear in the same thread, you have to use the connectives...

anyway, that gave me this set of threads.
CptTripps
Yeah, I did that one, and the top hit was me asking the question in another thread. biggrin.gif

This works well...I appreciate everyone's help.

I just thought of something else. I've got a lip in my garage that barely cleares the car when I'm getting in/out of the garage. I wonder if me changing the tire size before I test it is going to hinder me getting this thing OUT of the garage when I'm done??? Kinda like building a boat in the basement!
914werke
Sorta OT but I just fit 195/60's on a set of steelies, after a repaint caps and trim rings I kinda like um smile.gif
Is there an offset diff. between those and the alloys? unsure.gif I think the stamping on the wheel is ET40
Gint
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 2 2005, 09:23 PM)

As an aside, this *may* help others as well. Try searching using logical "AND" to narrow your results to posts that only contain ALL these words. Literally like so:

Fuch AND tire AND size

I found some good results this way. The default os a logical "OR" so it will pull up any thread that contained any of those 3 words. Also remember that many people use mispellings and sometimes a word like Fuchs will be used as Fuch despite the fact that I believe the translation for Fuchs is "fox" (someone will correct if I'm wrong on that). You get the point probably.

Also remember to check the forum selection criteria on the lower left and the date selection cirteria on the lower right (which defaults to 30 days).

HTH beerchug.gif

Fuch AND tire AND size search

Edit: Of course I didn't see Rich's post before I typed all of that. I shoulda just drug my ass out to the garqage instead of lazin' around here. LOL wacko.gif
Mueller
Hey Gint,

is there a way to eliminate the signature info from searches??

some people put a lot of info in their sigs which pull up on searches and have no relevance to the search subject.
Gint
Don't think so Mike. Not out of the box anyway.
redshift
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 3 2005, 10:31 AM)
Yeah, I did that one, and the top hit was me asking the question in another thread. biggrin.gif

Slits knows it all, so this very paradox will help him in older age..

smile.gif

M
CptTripps
Has anyone ever tried a 205/55/15? I figured it's give me the lower profile I'm looking for, and still keep the highway speeds easier to obtain. Even a 195/55/15 if a 205 is too wide. Or could I do the 205 on the rear, and 195 up front. (I'd be sitting a little higher in back, but I can live with 5mm.

Think I'd have enought room under there?
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 5 2005, 04:51 AM)
Or could I do the 205 on the rear, and 195 up front.

Get the same size all around. Makes rotating, and spare'age easier. You won't see a significant difference worthy of mismatching sizes front to rear, IMHO.
CptTripps
I think I'm setteled on 195/55/15 BFG g-Force Sport.

I can get them for next-to nothing, and they'll give me a good indicator of where I want to go with tires till I do a 5-lg or something.
Joe Ricard
Seems like a good tire for normal driving. tread wear of 340 should last you a good long time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.