Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So that's why it blew up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
Who I had funky oil pressure confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
crash914
at least I saved the lifters and cam...(ceramic) hard buggers.

thought I could save the rods and crank, not too sure, one rod is bent. crank scored from rod bearings. Main bearings look ok.
r_towle
Ouch
mark04usa
Sorry to see you have an ailing engine. It can all be fixed, and it'll be much better than new. Good luck!
Ouch, who built the motor and how many miles?
Good luck with your next build
crash914
about 14 days of autox. tore down several times prior. always had oil pressure issues..
LowBridge
QUOTE(crash914 @ May 16 2016, 06:17 AM) *

about 14 days of autox. tore down several times prior. always had oil pressure issues..

low or high oil pressure issues? my 75 2.0 runs between 40-60 psi and it seems high to me.
TVRLOTUSTR3
QUOTE(crash914 @ May 16 2016, 06:17 AM) *

FRAM oil filter?
crash914
Remote oil filter, high cold pressure, low hot pressure.
no fram filter. I am not sure why this bearing is toast. this is the rear most rod bearing. Mains and cam are fine. it could be due to all the metal in the case when I lost the piston. anyway, crank is gone. cam gear is gone, oil pump is gone. one rod is bent.

anyone got a stroker crank and rods?
cgnj
Sorry to see that. I have the same oil pressure symtoms on my 2270. High cold and drops as temps climb. What oil pump are you using? Since I have my motor on the stand to mock it up for megasquirt, I have thought about splitting the case and checking the oil pump ports to confirm that they are aligned. I have read on STF that Don't full flow the cases. I'm looking into that at the moment.

Are the ceramic lifters still NLA? That would suck.

Carlos
wndsrfr
QUOTE(crash914 @ May 16 2016, 05:21 AM) *

Remote oil filter, high cold pressure, low hot pressure.
no fram filter. I am not sure why this bearing is toast. this is the rear most rod bearing. Mains and cam are fine. it could be due to all the metal in the case when I lost the piston. anyway, crank is gone. cam gear is gone, oil pump is gone. one rod is bent.

anyone got a stroker crank and rods?

I lost two 80mm cranks that had been made up from stock ones. I could see where the stress cracks came from the close proximity of the oil holes to the web. After that I got a new forging from FAT.....all good since.
crash914
80mm crank, full flow. Looks like the bearing on number 3 was the worst. I ran this way for a couple of years before adding the full flow and bumping up the cr.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.