Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turbo Twist Wheels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gisound
Got a line on a good set of 18" Turbo Twist Porsche wheels off of a boxter. They will be going on a my car once I install the FG flares. That is if they will fit. They are 18"x10 (65mm ET) rear and 18" X7.5 (50mm ET) front. Do you think they will work on the 914 with flares? Also anyone have pics of these on a 914?

Thanks again,

Blair
SirAndy
QUOTE(gisound @ May 16 2016, 01:36 PM) *

Got a line on a good set of 18" Turbo Twist Porsche wheels off of a boxter. They will be going on a my car once I install the FG flares. That is if they will fit. They are 18"x10 (65mm ET) rear and 18" X7.5 (50mm ET) front. Do you think they will work on the 914 with flares? Also anyone have pics of these on a 914?

Thanks again,

Blair

Stock GT flares?
If so, the 18x10 won't fit, even if they had perfect offset.

The GT flares are made to fit 15x9 wheels.
shades.gif

PS: However, if you get metal flares, you can widen them to fit your wheels and tires.
Mike Bellis
AIR makes a wider rear flare in fiberglass... smile.gif
Cracker
JFYI - They weigh a ton...each.

T
matthepcat
I think the offset on those is way off. I had a set on one of my previous cars, and I had to run 100MM studs with the largest wheels spacers from Weltmeister.
Andyrew
Yes I run 18x10's in the back. Spacers galore though.. I have about 2.5" of spacers in the back, just make sure you run quality spacers.

IPB Image
IPB Image

I run Boxster turbo twists in the front though, the rears that is (17x9) for more tire.

Bunch more pics in my signature.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.