Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geez...another clutch cable question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeemerSteve
Yesterday I replaced all my clutch components and now I'm ready to put the cable on. My question would be once I thread the cable up to the pedal cluster end how much do I turn the clevis down on the cable before I connect it to the pedal end?
By the way...on a previous post I wanted to know if it was easier to take the whole lump out or just the transmission. I pulled the transmission only and went out and in without a problem.
Thanks in advance all!!
BeemerSteve
No one? Can I plead my case? sad.gif
Amphicar770
When I did mine, I just went with approximately where it was on the old cable. Do not remember exactly where that was. You are doing adjustment from the rear so I do not think the pedal side matters as much. Maybe someone has a better answer.
BeemerSteve
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ May 17 2016, 06:05 AM) *

When I did mine, I just went with approximately where it was on the old cable. Do not remember exactly where that was. You are doing adjustment from the rear so I do not think the pedal side matters as much. Maybe someone has a better answer.

Thanks...that's kinda where I'd begin too if I don't hear otherwise. Thanks again for responding!
rhodyguy
Your Haynes details the specified length for the cable protruding at the Clevis end. Don't know where my manual is right now.
Mikey914
Would be about where the old cable was if it didn't stretch and break. Make sure you install the ground back at the transmission, otherwise your clutch cable will be the net route for ground and the cable will appear to stretch, and snap. The best way to adjust is to drive it, and adjust as necessary to get the release point where you want it. You'll know real quick where it needs to go.
BeemerSteve
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 17 2016, 12:31 PM) *

Would be about where the old cable was if it didn't stretch and break. Make sure you install the ground back at the transmission, otherwise your clutch cable will be the net route for ground and the cable will appear to stretch, and snap. The best way to adjust is to drive it, and adjust as necessary to get the release point where you want it. You'll know real quick where it needs to go.

Thanks you very much for the info Mark...it's much appreciated as I should now invest in a manual. I'm now convinced too! biggrin.gif
QUOTE(BeemerSteve @ May 17 2016, 05:39 AM) *

No one? Can I plead my case? sad.gif

dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.