Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Tenistar
Hiya - just a thought i want to know if anyone on here has or knows of a 914/6 that is for sale - it must be an original 914/6 and not a conversion. Does not matter where it is but used to have one in the late 1970s and would love to own one again. Please contact me if you can help.

Thanks

Michele
rhodyguy
Post to the cars/rollers for sale in the classifieds. More exposure.
SirAndy
Moved to the correct forum ...

welcome.png
Tenistar
Hey thanks - hope i get a response.
Frankvw
Hi, I see you are located in Hertfordshire. Hertfordshire in England that is I suppose ?
There are many cool (and real) 914-6's for sale in Germany at the moment since the prices of these machines went up a lot. Owners are now trying to cash in. you can buy an early 911 for the 914-6 price....
The issue is that the prices are even higher then in USA, but you do not mention if money is an issue. You better be more specific what you want to buy, maybe we can keep an eye open.
Tenistar
Hiya thanks for your advice and yes sure cost is an issue. I sadly just missed buying one that was advertised in Ireland - the guy had owned it for 16 years and it was original but needing a little bit of care and attention and he was asking £20,000. I was chatting to him about it and as we were talking some one sent him a paypal deposit so sadly it got sold. The prices seem to be all over the place, but i am hoping to find someone private who has owned the car for years and now feels the need to dispose of it.
Kaeferfreund
Hi, first I thought you came from Wimbledon, but there was an "n" and an "s" missing biggrin.gif

There are "many" 914-6 offered in Germany, Frankvw said...really? Where are these ones? There are only a handful of offers. These cars are sold from one dealer to another or were offered by only one dealer with a steadily rising price. None of them are really sold. Some cars are still located in the US.
So, it is hard to find one in Germany, too.

Was that car from Ireland, you mentioned, that signal-orange one here?
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C739994

I cannot believe that price.
These 20.000 GBP you mentioned were too cheap. At the first glance that car looks not as a project car, more like a 50k or 60k GBP car.
Sounds a little bit like a joke or a scam, to me.
Two or three years ago there was an offer for 17.000 EUR (seller located at the Isle of man), asking for deposits. That guy was a scammer. He offered pictures of a car which was and still is owned by Porsche.

Also the guy, who offered a "barn find" one on ebay (9140431380), was another example for such a scam. Be careful!
http://www.ebay.at/itm/162057585399

Do you have some more data or info regarding that orange one from ireland, please?

BR
Kaeferfreund
Frankvw
In Germany there are like 15 sixes for sale right now. No idea if they are dealers or flippers. from 50K to 260K (that is not a typo)
In Holland I know 2 real ones for sale, and one almost real (a 914-4 was used to transfer ALL parts from a 914-6)
There are sixes out there...but not for 20000 Pounds.
Mike Fitton
If you are looking for an original 914-6 and don't have at least $60,000 US dollars then you better lower your expectations. You would be lucky to find a good one even at the 60K level, just my opinion. The 20.000 GBP you speak of was no doubt a scam.
Tenistar
Hey thank you all for your replies and as regards the 914/6 in Ireland it was the orange one that was advertised. The guys name was Ray Ryan and it was owned by him for 16 years. It was definitely sold two weeks ago for £20.000 and was not a scam. I am well aware of all the scams. Sometimes for what ever reason cars get sold for a lot less than they are worth and some one gets a deal. I have a friend who lives in LA and there is a 914/6 that i can buy for $45.000 but i was hoping to find one in the U.k for less. You see them advertised for loads of money but i dont know if they actually change hands for that.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Tenistar @ May 17 2016, 10:28 AM) *

Hiya - just a thought i want to know if anyone on here has or knows of a 914/6 that is for sale - it must be an original 914/6 and not a conversion. Does not matter where it is but used to have one in the late 1970s and would love to own one again. Please contact me if you can help.

Thanks

Michele

Hi Michele

Try toolguy - Dave W. on here, he has an ad for one in the classifieds, but not at your price range, & the lowest I've seen for a recent nice one here in the USA was about $70.000 (+/- 50,000 Pounds, last I saw the exchange rate at +/- 1.4).

30,000 Pounds (+/- $42,000) here would be a project - which was why that Irish one went fast - & then you could easily spend up to & past a reasonably priced nice one to get it right.

Good Luck! ... and ....

welcome.png

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Chris H.
I think toolguy's sold for high $70's. And that was a good deal IMO.
SixerJ
Hi, I agree with Mike F and Chris on this. I hate to say this but for a good six you are going to need much deeper pockets unless you are super lucky and pretty much already know where it is and who owns it already / been feeding their cats for 5 years

Or like me you buy a basket case for affordable money & spend years getting the parts together ready for the restoration.

Problem is even barn find project cars are going for the money you are talking about, Orange six went on eBay in the US the other week for I think £22k and it looked like it needed a 30-40k restoration

Early 911s are out of sight / reach for most and people, sixes are rare and fun / were reasonably priced, not any more now a wider audience have realised they are great cars

Toolguys silver six I thought was very reasonably priced and I I had the cash I would have jumped at it all day long / low for Europe. I predict in 5-8 years time it will have doubled in value

I'm also in Hertfordshire, happy to talk / PM me & good luck with the search

Jon
Tenistar
Just one more question for everyone on here. Most of you are based in the USA so do you have any comments on Beverly Hills Car Club as they have are always advertising 914s. Thanks
Frankvw
Chech the internet and the VW and Porsche forums. There are many comments.
most comments are about the way they describe a car versus its real state.
i have no idea where they find all these Porsches....
iwanta914-6
If you're hoping to spend less than $45,000 US, then I wish you the best of luck. That's like me and my quest to find any solid 914 for under $7500, it's difficult.
Tenistar
Hiya there because i have got to ship it to UK and pay the 5% duty i was hoping to pay around $50.000. I know you see them for advertised for lots of money but the expensive ones all seem to still be available and the sensibly priced ones sell quite quickly. If i can find one that will be great but if not i will have to consider something else.

Frankvw
Hey Tenistar, check
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5592407338.html
is this what you are looking for ?
Tenistar
Thanks for info - have contacted him an waiting to hear back.
mountainroads
QUOTE(Frankvw @ May 18 2016, 10:42 AM) *

Hey Tenistar, check
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5592407338.html
is this what you are looking for ?

Maybe just me, but I'd approach that ad with fair degree of caution. 1) It's CL and we all know that's like the bar scene in Star Wars. More flakes than legit buyers and not a venue I'd pick for marketing a car I cared about. 2) 47K original miles with a repaint AND a different engine? Sure, there are some legit possibilities, but it's a red flag to me. 3) "some" rust. Uh huh. 4) The inferred IDS carbs are great, but I'd want to know how/why they got there. The high-speed enrichment they offer isn't needed on a (presumed) '69 T engine.

Again, don't mean to disparage the seller and could be completely legit. caution wanted. That's all.

- MR
Tenistar
Hey mountainroads thanks for that and yes i know CL is probably not the best way to find a car but when i hear back from the vendor i will take a view. Obviously being based in the Uk its more difficult for me as i dont really want to have make the trip over to the USA as the few cars i have seen are in different states miles apart. I would love to find one in the Uk but there dont seem to be any advertised.
iwanta914-6
That one has been for sale for a long time. Any decent six at that price would have been gobbled up by now. Be very cautious!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.