Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please help-wheel question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Puebloswatcop
Wheels

Hey can anyone tell me if a 5.5" wheel with a 3 3/8" backspace and 6mm offset will fit
a standard body 73 914?
Tom_T
You need a ET40 offset for all stock 914s for stock wheel fitment on narrow bodied 914s.

The 5.5" width is okay, as is 6".

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 17 2016, 02:50 PM) *

You need a ET40 offset for all stock 914s for stock wheel fitment on narrow bodied 914s.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

I am a bit ignorant to some of this so am not sure what you mean by ET 40. cna you explain?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ May 17 2016, 02:07 PM) *
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 17 2016, 02:50 PM) *

I am a bit ignorant to some of this so am not sure what you mean by ET 40. cna you explain?

ET = Einpresstiefe = Distance of the mounting surface from the center line of the wheel, in millimeter
shades.gif
SirAndy
IPB Image

Positive ET means the mounting surface is closer to the OUTSIDE of the wheel, negative ET means the mounting surface is closer to the INSIDE of the wheel.

Wheels with a lot of negative ET are also sometimes called "deep dish" wheels.
driving.gif
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 17 2016, 03:19 PM) *

IPB Image

Positive ET means the mounting surface is closer to the OUTSIDE of the wheel, negative ET means the mounting surface is closer to the INSIDE of the wheel.

Wheels with a lot of negative ET are also sometimes called "deep dish" wheels.
driving.gif

Just sent you a PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.