Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Updated 76 914 pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcus
Got the car back today, put the riviera rims on and now a metallic groan but have rebuilt rear calipers, 4 new discs and pads ready to go on when I get the chance. MSD ignition works great. Putting rear duck tail fiberglass trunk on soon and then dealing with some rust. All gaskets replaced.
mepstein
Very nice. Consider leaving of the tail. Less is more.
carcus
Click to view attachment
carcus
QUOTE(carcus @ May 17 2016, 05:17 PM) *

carcus
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
jor
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 17 2016, 04:17 PM) *

Very nice. Consider leaving of the tail. Less is more.

agree.gif

With the clear lenses and lack of vinyl with trim, your car looks clean and uncluttered to my eye. Really sleek. I like it just as you have it now.

Obviously, it's your car and my opinion doesn't count, but you have a great looking car!
Twonicks001
I've got the same Riviera wheels on my car. Have had them for 35 years or so but have never been able to find decent center caps for them. Where did you get yours?

Thanks,
carcus
Decals part way done. Was raining today so not much time to work on the car.
r_towle
Planning on adding all that fiberglass?
carcus
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 17 2016, 10:00 PM) *

Planning on adding all that fiberglass?

Just the trunk so far. Not sure if I am adding the fenders. My current fenders have rust in them and need metal work. The Riviera rims are temporary. Fiberglass trunk will be on tomorrow for test fitting, weather permitting. All Martini Racing decals sent from England. Martini mats....perfect fit, sent from Germany. Besides brakes and steering, engine is strong. MSG ignition is big upgrade. Will take me a few years to get this where I want it, but happy to have a partial driver, roller right now. Top will be white soon, and rocker panels. .

Got rims locally for $250. Had to paint them with my Son's help. The IP decals were worn as these are original Riviera rims. Replaced them with Porsche crest emblems. New pedal covers went on today, probably will take off brake pedal cover due to sticking on my tennis shoes with gas pedal. Still have drivers side window that wants to fall in rolling it half way down and drivers side targa top seal needs to be installed.
Coondog
Not my cup of Tea, but if your happy that's really all that counts. Good luck
carcus
QUOTE(Coondog @ May 17 2016, 10:46 PM) *

Not my cup of Tea, but if your happy that's really all that counts. Good luck

No worries at all. Making it the way I want it. This is a tribute to my 914-6 I owned while stationed in Europe and could not take back, then had a family. That was many years ago. This is kinda my toy right now. My real fun car is the 2015 Mustang 5.0 modified. I am a BMW guy also, last car was a 2006 BMW M5 V10. Just restored my kids 1991 BMW E30 convertible. Both of us BMW CCA members and Porsche CCA members. Wife drives a Jeep and I have a Jaguar X type AWD as my winter car. Owned over 30 cars so far and going back to basics.....something that makes me feel like a driver again. Needs alot of work, makes me appreciate my modern cars, but sometimes you want memories and old muscle work to turn a steering wheel.
mark04usa
Nice car...enjoy!
Dion
Very cool looking auto. Where did you find the Martini floor mats?
I like the theme you have going there.
Cheers, Dion
Twonicks001
I noted you said the rims were temporary....let me know if you want to sell off the center caps when you find your dream wheels. Good luck with the rest. I like the narrow body look and your additions.
porschetub
QUOTE(Dion @ May 19 2016, 03:07 AM) *

Very cool looking auto. Where did you find the Martini floor mats?
I like the theme you have going there.
Cheers, Dion

on ebay google search 914 Porsche Martini floor mats ,comes right up ,hopefully the OP will tell as what the quality is like smile.gif
r_towle
Btw, given how nice it looks, think long and hard about putting on those fenders....you have a sharp car now as it sits.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.