Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: N.P.C. Tremec T56 Transmission Rebuilder Bay Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian Mifsud
Hi All,

Once we get my son's '96 Camaro rebuilt and back on the road, I'll finally get some "Daddy" time for myself, and start the 914 restoration.. in the mean time.

We are hot and heavy into putting the LS1 back together.. using it as a learning experience for son's and their cousin... but the T56 on that car has bad synchros.

I've never tackled an American gearbox. I'm assuming that without a hydraulic press, and many specialty tools, taking apart that box and rebuilding at home won't be a good idea.

That being said, who in S.F. Bay Area knows their stuff and is reputable?

Our rebuild for the engine is back to stock. A 16 year old's first car w/ 285 Stock HP is plenty in my book. So Transmission won't need a fancy speed-shop high performance upgrades.

Thanks
Mueller
Hi Brian,

I did my own Tremec T5 rebuild at home, not sure how more difficult the T56 is however.

You are free to use my press and garage.

I would also check craigslist, there are guys that advertise such services on there.
Brian Mifsud
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 18 2016, 11:02 AM) *

Hi Brian,

I did my own Tremec T5 rebuild at home, not sure how more difficult the T56 is however.

You are free to use my press and garage.

I would also check craigslist, there are guys that advertise such services on there.

Hi Mike,

I have no idea one way or another of the differences. I'm really looking for references.. I guess it would make more sense to post this on an LT1 website.. it's just so many forum members on those sites have no clue or skills except regarding tires and wheels.... 914 World is chock full of informed and mechanically adept people..

I've rebuilt the 914's transaxle, but needed special tools that Dr. Evil just happened to supply in the class...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.