Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Garland
No affiliation, found on YouTube.
This guy really ramps it up. Interesting set up.
Where2Race video 1:36
r_towle
Britain driving JP Steins shitbox.

JP did damage with the shitbox for years, then sold it off to Britain.
Brit cut out all that remained of Porsche and built a dedicated scca solo weapon.

Search here for threads on JP building three or four versions, then Brit taking it over...great suspension discussions
EdwardBlume
Doesn't that look like fun! aktion035.gif
J P Stein
IT was fun......but I was younger then.
The shitbox was pretty quick, but Brit has taken it to another level.

I never was a good AXer driver.......but could get the tires warm. I drove Brits beastie and the only thing I can say is you're prolly not ready for what happens when you put your right foot down. The car gained a hundred pounds or so and about 180HP.......good Gawd!!

After getting away from AX for 3-4 years, I'm now well positioned to get back into that.
I have bought a turboed Miata that I'm trying to leave alone. The old bod is not up to task. After about 15 years of AXing, I'm now a pathetic driver......but I'll work on that some.......I had a stroke back in Oct. That is/was not fun. My AX of a couple weeks ago showed me how far I have to go to recover.

I'm signed for an event Sunday and the forecast is for rain. I'll go nohow, it can't hurt.
Dave_Darling
Lotus suspension, re-worked to an inboard pushrod setup; two-speed 930 gearbox; massaged turbo Scooby motor. (Rebuild recently due to oiling problems.)

There's not much 914 left there, but ho boy is it amazing!!

Heck, *I* could be fast in that car! For one, maybe two corners. Then I'd wind up looking back at corner entry wondering why the world just did several 360s... wink.gif

--DD
mbseto
He never shifts gears.
Dave_Darling
He doesn't need to. Decently tall gearing, massive flat torque curve, ability to rev to the moon, and a very strictly limited top speed mean that you don't have to shift. And every shift costs you a couple of tenths off your lap time...

--DD
raynekat
Yeah, I drove that car a couple of times back in the good ole' days when it had a 2.7 and decent manners. When they put the racing clutch in there, I said enough for me. My green 911 used to be able to keep up with the shit box to some extent.....not any more. Interesting how Britain just isn't getting any "prettier" with age. biggrin.gif Sorry to hear about your health issues JP. Hoping you recover quickly.
mbseto
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 19 2016, 03:54 PM) *

He doesn't need to. Decently tall gearing, massive flat torque curve, ability to rev to the moon, and a very strictly limited top speed mean that you don't have to shift. And every shift costs you a couple of tenths off your lap time...

--DD

Is that typical for AX (the no shifting)? Is speed limited by the rules or is the car electronically limited?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.