Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mechanics / Shops - Phoenixville, West Chester, PA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amphicar770
Hi All,

I will need to take my 914 2.0 in for wheel alignment and may also have them address the misfire which has shown up after I put engine back in.

There are a number of P-shops in the area that people speak well of. Not sure how much experience they have with 914 so wanted to get advice / experience from anyone in the area.

Some that I am looking at include:

Chris Radbill in West Chester, PA
Dougherty Automotive in West Chester, PA

Premier Eurocars (Malvern) Formerly Don Galbraith

Performance Automotive in Phoenixville
Possum Hollow Motorsports in Phoenixeville

Thanks

Mike
Spoke
I've had Mr B's (John Butz) in Kutztown do some work on my '86 930. Very good mechanic familiar with older Porsches. Had a 914 in his shop when I was there.

Mr B's
Amphicar770
I stopped by Chris Radbill's earlier today. Chris was there along with 3 of his mechanics.

Everywhere you turned there was another air cooled Porsche or VW. 911's, speedsters, lots of 914's, buses, bugs, etc. I consider that, along with the 2-3 week wait to get an appointment, as positive signs. Chris seemed very friendly and knowledgeable.

I now have an appointment set up for 06 June. If I do not figure out the backfire issue by then I will let them resolve it. I will minimally have them do the wheel alignment and probably an overall inspection just to have an experienced eye look over things. For the past 5 years or so, I am the only person who has worked on it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.