Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Raby 2270
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeD
Jake just sent pics; the engine is nearly ready, just waiting on tin. Mine was pretty beat up, even after blasting and coating what was salvageable. Thankfully, Bruce Stone, Mark Heard, and Garold Shaffer have all come through with much nicer tin... not to mention one very nice piece of dusty but otherwise pristine NOS tin from George at AA.

Jake says he thinks we should get 180 horse and 190 ft/lb of torque. Enough to get me in trouble, for sure.

Hoping to have it all buttoned back up by July, and broken in in time for run up to NC for Okteenerfest...

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
billh1963
Very pretty! What are you doing for fuel?
tomrev
Beautiful! I'd want it in my living room, for a period of display and worship!
JoeD
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 20 2016, 08:01 AM) *

Very pretty! What are you doing for fuel?

I'd say "thanks" but Jake's done all the work!

Dual Weber 44s.
dlee6204
I hope you finish it in time for Okteenerfest too. We'd all like to check it out. drooley.gif
JOEPROPER
That's a thing of beauty. Why the 2270 vs 2316? I have no comments, just admiring and wondering. shades.gif
JoeD
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ May 20 2016, 09:12 AM) *

That's a thing of beauty. Why the 2270 vs 2316? I have no comments, just admiring and wondering. shades.gif

I talked with Jake for a long time before deciding on this build. It's the one he recommended most, given its balance of power, drivability, maintenance needs and longevity.
iwanta914-6
I saw Jake post this on facebook. He does amazing work, but you certainly do pay for it.
Chris H.
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 20 2016, 08:38 AM) *

I saw Jake post this on facebook. He does amazing work, but you certainly do pay for it.

Ride in a car with one. You'll get it.

Very pretty engine Joe. The 2270 is tried and true. Only problem you'll have is you won't want to get it dirty!
Porschef
That is beautiful...

drooley.gif drooley.gif

Jake Raby
Glad you guys like it.

Steve
If you want to keep your car air cooled and with the rising costs of six conversions it can't be that expensive.
Mueller
QUOTE(JoeD @ May 20 2016, 04:58 AM) *

Jake just sent pics; the engine is nearly ready, just waiting on tin. Mine was pretty beat up, even after blasting and coating what was salvageable. Thankfully, Bruce Stone, Mark Heard, and Garold Shaffer have all come through with much nicer tin... not to mention one very nice piece of dusty but otherwise pristine NOS tin from George at AA.

Jake says he thinks we should get 180 horse and 190 ft/lb of torque. Enough to get me in trouble, for sure.

Hoping to have it all buttoned back up by July, and broken in in time for run up to NC for Okteenerfest...

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

That is going to fun, fun, fun!

Jealous for sure...
jor
Can't wait to hear how this thing of beauty works on the road!
Jake Raby
Here's some more photos...
2mAn
pray.gif
JOEPROPER
Oh man... now you're just braggin' I'd be too if it were me. shades.gif Looks Great!
Jake Raby
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ May 20 2016, 10:26 AM) *

Oh man... now you're just braggin' I'd be too if it were me. shades.gif Looks Great!

Just where I work... Thats all. I enjoy my time in here.
The parts on all the bench are for the next engine, 996TT that'll easily top the 1K mark.

Just finished this 4.1, 964 based engine. Its sitting in the background n a couple of the pics of Joe's engine.
Click to view attachment
JoeD
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 20 2016, 02:44 PM) *

QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ May 20 2016, 10:26 AM) *

Just where I work... Thats all. I enjoy my time in here.
The parts on all the bench are for the next engine, 996TT that'll easily top the 1K mark.

Just finished this 4.1, 964 based engine. Its sitting in the background n a couple of the pics of Joe's engine.
Click to view attachment

Now Jake, if you accidentally slip this into the 914 instead of the Type IV, I"m sure no one would mind... drooley.gif
Spoke
Jake,

What types of heads are on the TIV? Intake bolts look like 1.7/1.8 heads.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Spoke @ May 20 2016, 10:53 AM) *

Jake,

What types of heads are on the TIV? Intake bolts look like 1.7/1.8 heads.

Throw away all that normal stuff that you usually think of.. These are LE 200 CNC heads.
The 1.7/1.8 bolt pattern is superior for intake sealing, hence why these brand new castings have them.

Heads alone, with this valve train arrangement are over 3K$
JoeD
QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 20 2016, 10:14 AM) *

Very pretty engine Joe. The 2270 is tried and true. Only problem you'll have is you won't want to get it dirty!

Thanks Chris! Can't wait... and yeah, I'm worried I'm going to be all anal about getting it dirty...!
Jake Raby
QUOTE(JoeD @ May 20 2016, 11:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 20 2016, 10:14 AM) *

Thanks Chris! Can't wait... and yeah, I'm worried I'm going to be all anal about getting it dirty...!

It won't get dirty here, thats for sure!!
whitetwinturbo
..............I see a speck of dust in one shot poke.gif
Tbrown4x4
This totally distracted me from the "Hot Chicks" thread. Damn you! haha

Seriously, beautiful work space.
Jake Raby
Thanks... Built the place myself over the period of a year.. Other than framing and drywall, the rest was yours truly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.