Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible leather basket weave source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zimms
They showed some samples on their IG feed as an upcoming product. It looks good.

Basketweave

Hydes Leather
Mikey914
Yep I've got in vinyl and can do leather
Just showing here at WCR
JmuRiz
If you all really want Singer-type woven leather, let me know and my wife can check with her suppliers. She says she's seen it for years and was not as impressed as me when she saw it in the Singer (since it wasn't new to her)
jack20
Mark,
I know you've been working on this for some time now. Do you have brown in that same weave?
Thanks,
Jack
Valy
QUOTE(jack20 @ May 20 2016, 06:50 PM) *

Mark,
I know you've been working on this for some time now. Do you have brown in that same weave?
Thanks,
Jack

Yes, brown brickwave please.
nein14
Do have the vinyl basketweave in the singer orange?
Mikey914
We've got a die so anything can be done.
Zimms
Cool! I must have missed that Mark. first.gif
jack20
Hi Mark,
Regarding the die, many months ago you sent me a leather sample in tan. The pattern was correct but the sample was probably 20% larger than the original. Is the new die actual size?
Thanks,
Jack
jack20
I think I just hijacked this post.
Sorry. I'll start a new topic
Jack
Mikey914
Ask Greenie, I brought to WCR and it looks the same to me.
Andyrew
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 21 2016, 05:22 PM) *

We've got a die so anything can be done.

So you can take any leather/vinyl and put this basket weave into it?

If so this would be a great service for a price smile.gif

smile.gif
Mikey914
Yes, some vinyls are not as good as others (for taking the impression), but for the most part yes.
type2man
I'm also looking for the brown for my 74

McMark
Relicate Leather does some amazing stuff. I follow them on Instagram. They just posted square weave leather awhile back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFkd5VBS2Z3/
Zimms
QUOTE(McMark @ May 23 2016, 08:29 PM) *

Relicate Leather does some amazing stuff. I follow them on Instagram. They just posted square weave leather awhile back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFkd5VBS2Z3/

agree.gif I follow them and a couple of other upholsterers. There are some real artisans out there.
Andyrew
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 23 2016, 09:04 AM) *

Yes, some vinyls are not as good as others (for taking the impression), but for the most part yes.

Veeeery interested. I sent you a PM smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.