Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pics of summit point
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
grasshopper
Chris and I were the only club guys there...kind of disappointing. Good race though. There were a few other teeners racing and i got a couple of good pics. And I have a vidoe of chris racing but i dont know how to post it. Its saved on my computer.
grasshopper
.df
grasshopper
grasshopper
grasshopper
grasshopper
fgjfgkk
grasshopper
gjfsj
grasshopper
jfdjfj
grasshopper
kdtktdk
grasshopper
tlulfuyl
grasshopper
other 914s
grasshopper
another
grasshopper
another
grasshopper
and the last
grasshopper
...ok, one more
john rogers
Great pictures, man that looked like it was chilly!?
grasshopper
ya, with windchill, it was about 15...bbbrrrrrrr. But it was fun biggrin.gif
Jeroen
great pics!

so, how did Chris do in the race?
jd74914
yeah, how did Chris do today?
grasshopper
well, he was running his backup engine so he was kind of slow. Still fast enough to finish good though. He was in a class with a bunch of RX7s. They were beating everyone. What place? i dont know....forgot to ask. I've got more pics if anyone is interested.
jd74914
more pics are always good wink.gif
grasshopper
oh yeah, heres a pick of the engine he was running, he burned a hole in his performance engine. type IV with about 180 horses! Left it a jake rabys shop to be fixed.
grasshopper
ok, here are some more
grasshopper
grasshopper
gjkah
jd74914
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Apr 3 2005, 04:20 PM)
oh yeah, heres a pick of the engine he was running, he burned a hole in his performance engine. type IV with about 180 horses! Left it a jake rabys shop to be fixed.

Soundwise, whatcha think of the engine chris was running today.
grasshopper
jgfjg
grasshopper
dshds
grasshopper
hadjkksua
grasshopper
not a teener but nice
grasshopper
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Apr 3 2005, 04:30 PM)

It was by far the quitest engine out there. You could barely hear it. Sounded like a stock engine
VegasRacer
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Apr 3 2005, 04:18 PM)
I've got more pics if anyone is interested.

Keep posting pictures until the server crashes - then post the rest on the Bird Board. The only thing better than racing a 914 is looking at pictures of sombody else racing one.
grasshopper
ok...heres even more...
jd74914
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Apr 3 2005, 04:33 PM)
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Apr 3 2005, 04:30 PM)

It was by far the quitest engine out there. You could barely hear it. Sounded like a stock engine

That was always my impression. It seems alot more stealth than most other cars. Tho, I heard it in his garage; it was loud then. biggrin.gif
grasshopper
fdksfj
grasshopper
dsgsfah
grasshopper
sadfsdf
grasshopper
see the water!
grasshopper
dfhdfh
grasshopper
rtyetr
grasshopper
cup car...and last good pic
rick 918-S
Dude! aktion035.gif
SGB
Ex-Cel-lent pictures! Thanks Grasshopper! Thanks Chris! smilie_pokal.gif
ChrisFoley
Those are great pictures Barry, Thanks! It was terrific meeting you and your father last weekend.

I had a pretty good race. Weather and track conditions affected qualifying significantly Saturday. The first session was raining and I was happy to be 7th overall and 2nd in class at that point. For the afternoon qualifying session the rain had stopped and the track was drying. I switched to slicks but it apparently was the wrong choice because they never heated up and didn't develop enough grip, but I didn't want to risk tearing up my rain tires on a drying track. I should have left the rains on though, just done about 5 laps and come in. The result was that I slid back to 17th overall and 6th in class, only knocking about 7.5 seconds off my first session time.
I got a good start on the second lap after the first start was waved off. Before long I moved ahead of the 5th place FP car, a black and red CRX (local driver). We continued to trade positions for a while until I made a mistake in turn one, trying to hold the CRX off. He had more power than I but my car handled better, so I would pull away in the back half of the track and he would catch me by the end of the front straight. I had one missed shift during the entire race. It happened when I went too deep into one, and instead of third I found first. Fortunately I was going slow so it didn't hurt the motor (I think). The CRX easily went by me at that point and I never quite caught back up. One of the front runners in FP didn't finish so I ended up 5th in class, 13th overall.
My best time was more than a second slower than the CRX. He was slightly faster than Les Handly (dark blue 914) who finished just ahead of us.
Tom Burdge (light blue 914) had a bad weekend. I didn't get a chance to talk with him but he did less than one lap in morning qualifying, only a couple of laps of afternoon qualifying, and only 7 laps in the race. I was told the car was smoking badly during the race.
Jake Raby
Chris,
good to hear that you had a better weekend than last..

I'll have to call Tom and see what happened to him.
Jake Raby
I called Tom..
It appears that his MassIVe engine got some pushrod tube damage in shipping and thats what downed him at the track over the weekend....

Glad it was nothing serious for him!

Between Chris and Tom FP is going to get more and more interesting!
guywan914
Chris, considering a new track and questionable conditions sounds like a decent finish. I did notice in one of the photos you are missing the front air dam. Good to hear from you guys. thanks for the photos. smilie_pokal.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (guywan914 @ Apr 4 2005, 07:36 PM)
I did notice in one of the photos you are missing the front air dam.

I usually install/remove the air dam in pit lane to prevent damage since it is very low to the ground. You might notice in another picture that the airdam is in the passenger compartment for the ride back to the paddock after the race.
Jake Raby
Hey Guy...
Call me when you get the chance... We need to talk about EFI.... boldblue.gif
ChrisFoley
I just received pictures in the mail from Roz Rosintoski.
Here's a sample:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.