Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Front and rear Targa Latches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
Pictures to follow.
I have a few more pairs of rear targa latches that have new springs and clips and are powder coated. One pair gloss black and others in satin black.
$60 a pair shipped.

Note that there are two variations of rear latches. The difference is the height and distance between the bumps. The distance between the bumps matches to the rubber block on the top. Not sure of the year break but my 73 VIN 4732915786 has the tall bumps. I suspect that the latches go with the two different tops, early and late.
PET shows the tops change in 1973 at VIN 4732926221. They show the same part number for latches for all years. They show two part numbers for the block but the application change is not clear as the 914 563 033 10 is for 974-6/4 and
the 914 563 033 19 for 914-1.7/1.8V.
Using the wider bump ones on the wrong top allows movement of the top. The other wrong combo does not allow the block to sit flush to the latch. Best to check what is on your car.

I have one pair of front latches at this time for $60 a pair shipped. This pair were spray can painted with caliper paint. I have several more pairs that are getting sand blasted and we are going to try to powder coat them. Have to see if the powder coating can be thin enough to not make the moving parts rub. I know we can powder coat the hook parts. One part is zinc and we have had some gassing problem ( not flatulence ) with the zinc causing bubbles in the paint. If it is a problem the latches will be wet painted.
Bruce

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Jett
Bruce I need a set of rear latches for my 73. Is that possible?

Thanks
bdstone914
QUOTE(Jett @ May 21 2016, 07:36 PM) *

Thanks

Yes. Can you check either the type of latches you have now of the width of the bottom of the block?
Jett
Sure, will send dimensions in the am
Jett
The rubber bottom is approximately 1"
Harpo
Hey Bruce,

I need a pair of rears. The mating part on my top is 32mm at the widest point.

Thanks

David
bdstone914
QUOTE(Harpo @ May 23 2016, 04:57 PM) *

Hey Bruce,

I need a pair of rears. The mating part on my top is 32mm at the widest point.

Thanks

David

Hi David,

I know you have a Frankenstein car but I think the body is a 75 or 76 which would mean you need the big bump rear latches.

Paypal to bdstone914@aol.com

Thanks
Jett
Hello Bruce, the rubber was approximately 1" at the smallest point. If that works, I'd also like a set of the front latches please.

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 21 2016, 08:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ May 21 2016, 07:36 PM) *

Thanks

Yes. Can you check either the type of latches you have now of the width of the bottom of the block?
scrz914
Hi Bruce, have you ever contemplated plasticoat on the rear latches like OE (with pc)? I believe the handles and the hook were the parts covered. Do you know a modern product durable enough that might stand the test of time?
bdstone914
QUOTE(scrz914 @ May 23 2016, 08:26 PM) *

Hi Bruce, have you ever contemplated plasticoat on the rear latches like OE (with pc)? I believe the handles and the hook were the parts covered. Do you know a modern product durable enough that might stand the test of time?

I tried it and it did not look do good. Hard to do the handle and not the housing. The original plastic coating did not hold up and wore through on the hooks allowing moisture in and rust to form.
Bottom line, more work and cost for a less durable finish.
jkb944t
Bruce,

I have a 1973 914 with the rear latches shown below.

Click to view attachment

Is the picture sufficient or do I need to measure them? If the picture is enough do you have a set of these in stock?

Jeff B
bdstone914
QUOTE(jkb944t @ Sep 2 2016, 04:46 AM) *

Bruce,

I have a 1973 914 with the rear latches shown below.

Click to view attachment

Is the picture sufficient or do I need to measure them? If the picture is enough do you have a set of these in stock?

Jeff B

You have the late style with the taller hump. I have a pair in stock.
Paypal addy is bdstone914@aol.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.