In the past I had 914rubber old style lens gaskets. They were a foam like material and smashed down ok and filled the gap from lens to body. So

I bought Spokes LED lights and new lens and oem style gaskets. Cleaned up the buckets, installed Mikeys wire rubber seals and put the buckets back in. They fit tight into the fender holes. When I tried to install the LED panel in the buckets it didn't fit. Same on both sides. The panel was about 2mm too wide. Since the buckets fit tight I thought it was the panel. Spoke assured me no, I sold them and they fit someone else's car ok. So

Now I'm thinking there might be different size buckets?.?? There is no wiggle and they fit the fender holes tightly. So

Now I install the new bucket gaskets. They slip around the lip of the buckets and are a perfect fit. So now I screw on the new lens. By the way the lens are aftermarket and exactly the same size as the old Hella ones. Instead of the lens inside groove fitting over the gasket, the lens inside rim sits on the gasket. hissyfit.gif So

It's looks like it's not a watertight fit and the lens rock 1mm up and down side to side.

Quandary : Both sides are uniform. No bent metal inside the wheel well or into the bucket holes. Buckets fit tight into the holes. Lens new and old are identical.

What's going on here??
Ps aluminum foil in the bucket does work for a brighter light biggrin.gif