Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nicely done
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gunn1
Rotisserie, build or buy?

Recommendations on who manufactures a good one, recommendations on who has a good plan available to make one..

Thanks
iankarr
I believe tangerine sells one either pre-welded or in kit form.
mepstein
The ones you buy (generally) have lousy tolerances and wiggle back and forth. They look good in the catalog and website but suck in real life. Not saying that about tangerine, there stuff is always very high quality.
JoeDees
I've heard good things about the Tangerine one. I bought one from derekweaver . com and have been really satisfied. It is super solid with a lot of adjustments, jacks, an easy twirling mechanism that locks into place. Mounting and then balancing the car is the hard part, but I figure that's true with any rotisserie.
Gunn1
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 22 2016, 05:11 PM) *

The ones you buy (generally) have lousy tolerances and wiggle back and forth. They look good in the catalog and website but suck in real life. Not saying that about tangerine, there stuff is always very high quality.

Thinking I could build my own by using a plan that is already out there.

I have no issue making my own but it takes time, which is also money.

pilothyer
I like the way this one attaches to the body, especially if it's a 75 or 76. Also if the bumper attachment areas are compromised structurally by rust.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2268638

There are others of course.

http://www.tangerineracing.com/tools.htm

http://www.blueskymotorsports.com/index.ph...18&Itemid=6
914itis
Woodtisserie ?

I just built this for my 911 project.
914itis
GregAmy
I saw Chris (Tangerine) had a bunch of materials in the shop last weekend to fab those up; he might even have one on hand ready to ship.
Gunn1
QUOTE(GregAmy @ May 23 2016, 07:20 AM) *

I saw Chris (Tangerine) had a bunch of materials in the shop last weekend to fab those up; he might even have one on hand ready to ship.

Is Chris a member to the world?

If so what is his username?

Thank you
bulitt
Racer Chris
jd74914
Chris's is actually quite reasonably priced (even in comparison to making your own from 2 engine stands). Welding it all together should be really fast! If I hadn't bought and cut the engine stands before finding out Chris sells them I certainly would have bought his. smile.gif

Gunn1
QUOTE(bulitt @ May 23 2016, 07:28 AM) *

Racer Chris

Thank you
BK911
QUOTE(DirtyCossack @ May 22 2016, 09:42 PM) *

I've heard good things about the Tangerine one. I bought one from derekweaver . com and have been really satisfied. It is super solid with a lot of adjustments, jacks, an easy twirling mechanism that locks into place. Mounting and then balancing the car is the hard part, but I figure that's true with any rotisserie.

Thats the one I have. Very nicely made.

https://www.derekweaver.com/rodders-garage/...uto-rotisserie/
John
I believe that I have posted the drawing/sketch that I drew in the past. Here is another copy. I made mine from it. While not complete, it should provide a good start.

I built mine because I had the material and I tend to build my own stuff.

Click to view attachment
Gunn1
Anyone have thoughts on this one?

Torin Auto Body Repair Lifting Rack with Gear Rotation, Model# TAL1500
r_towle
QUOTE(914itis @ May 23 2016, 08:14 AM) *

Just wrong.....
Gunn1
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 28 2016, 11:19 PM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ May 23 2016, 08:14 AM) *

Just wrong.....

What Rich?

He used green treated ......
Garland
Went with a stand first, then transferred to a rotisserie on loan.
(This was for the rare case of no structural repair required)
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.