Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Davies Craig EWP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Any other suggestions for where to buy this Davies Craig 150 EWP kit at for the price, other than Ebay? Three items 8060, 8000, 8650. If you add the 8060 and 8000 together it is the 8870. So yes 8870 plus 8650. Or 8650 plus 8000 plus 8060.
I noticed it appears like there are two different type of controllers. One a LCD, and one not?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(partwerks @ May 22 2016, 08:33 PM) *

Any other suggestions for where to buy this Davies Craig 150 EWP kit at for the price, other than Ebay? Three items 8060, 8000, 8650. If you add the 8060 and 8000 together it is the 8870. So yes 8870 plus 8650. Or 8650 plus 8000 plus 8060.

http://www.amazon.com/Davies-Craig-Electri...r/dp/B009OLPCP4

http://daviescraig.com.au/category/ewp-kits-combos
colingreene
I would just suggust you dont buy one, because i have used them and had nothing but trouble with them.
Mike Bellis
I don't know anything about this pump but I run a Stewart EMP http://www.stewartcomponents.com/index.php...p;product_id=70
It's whisper quiet and mounts inline with the hose so mounting is super easy. I got mine from Summit Racing.
Andyrew
QUOTE(colingreene @ May 22 2016, 10:18 PM) *

I would just suggust you dont buy one, because i have used them and had nothing but trouble with them.

Curious, can you elaborate?

Need to know what to look for..

smile.gif

Yes the early controllers didnt have a digital display, and they still sell it. Obviously the lcd display is the more refined newer one.
bulitt
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 23 2016, 07:18 AM) *

smile.gif

Yes the early controllers didnt have a digital display, and they still sell it. Obviously the lcd display is the more refined newer one.

I would like more info also as I was about to purchase.
bulitt
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 23 2016, 01:54 AM) *

I don't know anything about this pump but I run a Stewart EMP http://www.stewartcomponents.com/index.php...p;product_id=70
It's whisper quiet and mounts inline with the hose so mounting is super easy. I got mine from Summit Racing.

Thats pretty cool Mike! I like the inline feature. Do they offer a programmable controller?

Anyone find a controller other than the Davies Craig?

For the SBC I am just running the Dedenbear pump and manifold.

Click to view attachment

jd74914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 23 2016, 06:18 AM) *

smile.gif

This is second hand knowledge since I've never used one but I have some friends who have had problems with:
1) a circlip on the shaft between motor and impeller twisting and jamming the pump
2) shaft seal on motor failing and leaking water out of the case
3) the impeller binding (note that I've heard they really do not like to run dry and tend to bind when this happens)

Then there are other people who swear by them so maybe their quality control is just a little suspect. Everything mentioned about was from experiences in the 2008-9 time frame so they might be improved now. Also, make sure you do not hard-mount them by the snouts.
Andyrew
This must have been with the plastic casing. Based on what ive read they improved things in the aluminum casing model.
I did notice that the plastic blades were rubbing internallly with the casing, took some 200 grit and shaved off the slightest amount and now it seems like it will be perfect. I suspect it would have clearanced itself over time.
bulitt
Ok, so the prob is with their pump, not controller. Thx
Jake Raby
I know John Benson, CEO of Davies Craig very well. I have sent him a link to this post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.