Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone seen the 73 914 in SF Bay Area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
pierre_vinty
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/5517743350.html
Thinking of checking it out this week. Anyone know/seen this one?

Thank you!

Pierre
Frankvw
it is for sale for some months already, I saw it advertised before, I remember because the floormats are quite unique :-)
Good luck checking it out. Looks interesting. Let us know what you found over there !
87m491
Newbie question but what are the pair of braided lines plumbed into the air filter housings for?

QUOTE(Frankvw @ May 23 2016, 12:43 AM) *

it is for sale for some months already, I saw it advertised before, I remember because the floormats are quite unique :-)
Good luck checking it out. Looks interesting. Let us know what you found over there !

Frankvw
they will lead to a breatherbox I think. Most of the times from case / filters / valvecovers to a breatherbox
pierre_vinty
Thank you for the feedback, probably heading over there tomorrow. Will report back.
Frankvw
Good luck pierre-vinty, car is still there for sale (at least today it was).
pierre_vinty
QUOTE(Frankvw @ May 23 2016, 01:29 PM) *

Good luck pierre-vinty, car is still there for sale (at least today it was).

Yes! I will see it tomorrow morning. I talked to the owner and they bought it in 1976... second owner... biggrin.gif
Talked to the mechanic who took care of the car also and he told me the car was in excellent condition.

PS: Vinty is the name of my startup, sign up at http://drivevinty.com/ if you like classic and vintage cars!
Wyvern
QUOTE(87m491 @ May 23 2016, 05:04 AM) *

Newbie question but what are the pair of braided lines plumbed into the air filter housings for?

QUOTE(Frankvw @ May 23 2016, 12:43 AM) *

In pic # 6 the 2 hoses in upper right of the photo are the standard plumbing for the charcoal filter . the other hoses look cool and as mentioned prolly for crankcase breather.
In photo 5 the PCV is plumbed to the other air cleaner and the other hose is the other crankcase breather

Question(s) to ask ...
If the car has been in the family for 30 years and this family is 2nd owner ... why is the CA license plate so "current" ? If there were personal plates and they were turned in and regular plates issued that OR that it has a much deeper history is the only reason the plates would be so "new" that number is from 2000 to 20010 era

When the rebuild was done and carbs added . was a "Carb cam" installed?

Looks like spare is a full size rim / tire as the trunk floor isn't sitting flat . (not bad or anything but just a point of note)

I think the air dam and wing look "OK " (your preference ... but the rear trunk would have been drilled)
Black mirrors and Monza exhaust are also add ons / modifications.

BIG bonus if your name is "Sandy" lol

Just do a good job checking for rust ... in the hell hole and under the rockers. Ask if you can remove the bottom bolts on the rockers and just look .
pierre_vinty
QUOTE(Wyvern @ May 23 2016, 04:10 PM) *

In pic # 6 the 2 hoses in upper right of the photo are the standard plumbing for the charcoal filter . the other hoses look cool and as mentioned prolly for crankcase breather.
In photo 5 the PCV is plumed to the other air cleaner and the other hose is the other crankcase breather

Question(s) to ask ...
If the car has been in the family for 30 years and this family is 2nd owner ... why is the CA license plate so "current" ? If there were personal plates and they were turned in and regular plates issued that OR that it has a much deeper history is the only reason the plates would be so "new" that number is from 2000 to 20010 era

When the rebuild was done and carbs added . was a "Carb cam" installed?

Looks like spare is a full size rim / tire as the trunk floor isn't sitting flat . (not bad or anything but just a point of note)

I think the air dam and wing look "OK " (your preference ... but the rear trunk would have been drilled)
Black mirrors and Monza exhaust are also add ons / modifications.

BIG bonus if your name is "Sandy" lol

Just do a good job checking for rust ... in the hell hole and under the rockers. Ask if you can remove the bottom bolts on the rockers and just look .

Thanks! I am thinking of changing my legal name to "Sandy" biggrin.gif
The new plate number might be because the car was in Oregon for a while as a "spare" car. I will ask.
I am not such a fan of the wing but yes, I understand that it has been drilled. Can you replace that rear trunk ? How much does the part cost?
matthepcat
From free to $250? Then factor in the cost to paint match. Alternative is remove the wing, fill the holes and re-paint.
pierre_vinty
QUOTE(matthepcat @ May 23 2016, 10:01 PM) *

From free to $250? Then factor in the cost to paint match. Alternative it remove the wing, fill the holes and re-paint.

thanks for the reply!
Cairo94507
Yes, please take the wing off and throw it in the trash or put it next to the curb with "FREE" written on it so a kid with a Civic can get a free wing.
Frankvw
Hi pierre-vinty...how did it go ? Did you check it out / made an offer ?
pierre_vinty
QUOTE(Frankvw @ May 24 2016, 03:38 PM) *

Hi Frank, I did check it out this morning, made an offer at $10k and they accepted! The car is super clean, they took really good care of it.

I am excited, picking it up tomorrow!
Frankvw
Congrats. Good luck with your 'new' 914 !
Blue6
QUOTE(pierre_vinty @ May 24 2016, 03:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Frankvw @ May 24 2016, 03:38 PM) *

Hi Frank, I did check it out this morning, made an offer at $10k and they accepted! The car is super clean, they took really good care of it.

I am excited, picking it up tomorrow!

Congrats!
Cairo94507
Very cool. Congratulations and please post up a tone of pictures so we can all see what we missed out on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.