Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 40 idf manifold styles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
I spoke with CSP this morning about manifolds and bell crank linkages. The taller manifolds are out of stock and likely on back order. The linkage is fine they have that.

Is anyone running idf's on these shorter manifolds? The person i spoke with wasn't familiar with the 914 set up so couldn't be sure.

What he did know was that the offset is different to the taller ones.

Shorter manifolds
http://www.csp-shop.com/products/Products/...lds/21127b/det/

Taller manifolds

http://www.csp-shop.com/cgi-bin/cshop2/fro...sort=0&all=
Tbrown4x4
I would think the taller manifolds would help with cylinder filling. My guess is the shorter manifolds are a compromise to allow clearance in the beetle engine compartment. How much compromise I can't say.
I have an old set of shorty's I keep looking at, thinking they might have come from a 912, but I'll be using the "normal" tall set.
SA-914
I'll double check mine tonight...

I am still trying to get my bell housing installed correctly. The bell return spring is a separate item, and the one they ended up sending me doesn't fit in the hole.
rhodyguy
Note in the product description that the shorties are designed for t-4 conversions in beetles. The ones in the second link, 'tall', look similar to other offerings by different firms at about 1/2 the price. They sell used in the classifieds for around $40 or less. Look into the tall 'talls' at the CB performance website.
JFG
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 23 2016, 12:25 PM) *

Note in the product description that the shorties are designed for t-4 conversions in beetles. The ones in the second link, 'tall', look similar to other offerings by different firms at about 1/2 the price. They sell used in the classifieds for around $40 or less. Look into the tall 'talls' at the CB performance website.

I took your advice. It never ceases to amaze me how much difference there is in prices outside the US for these cars.

Bit of a wait on the manifolds but i have other things to get on with in the meantime.
SirAndy
Also worth mentioning, the tall ones will give you some more low end torque, which is a good thing.
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.