Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trunk Closing Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orbit398
I have installed new seals around the rear trunk and it seems the area is so air tight, that closing it/making it latch is difficult. I have to really close it hard. Is this normal?

I could make a few holes in those cone things that the roof latches go in when the roof is placed in the truck. thanks
Mikey914
QUOTE(orbit398 @ May 23 2016, 07:24 AM) *

I have installed new seals around the rear trunk and it seems the area is so air tight, that closing it/making it latch is difficult. I have to really close it hard. Is this normal?

I could make a few holes in those cone things that the roof latches go in when the roof is placed in the truck. thanks

You can adjust the trunk pin out just a little if you need a little more clearance.
orbit398
Don't need any more clearance as then things won't line up properly. The top of the trunk will be higher than the finder sides. Guess I'll mess with the new gaskets a bit an leave some gaps so the air can escape easier. Just wondered if other's had the same issue.
Mikey914

I thought the adjustments she was on the bottom closing its the only one that has any real adjustment to it
toolguy
Deck height is adjusted by shim washers under the hinges and the rubber stops at the rear.. . Latch just makes it latch once height is correctly set.
orbit398
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 23 2016, 02:32 PM) *

I thought the adjustments she was on the bottom closing its the only one that has any real adjustment to it

yea - one can adjust the pin depth which is mounted on the truck top along with the two rubber stops on each side. In my case the 914rubber product is almost an air tight seal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.