Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheels, what are you running?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JFG
I'm looking at my car lately and thinking i might keep the gt style steels that are currently rolling the shell around.

I have a set of riviera alloys and both types need restoring. I'm just not sure which to go for.

What 4 lug wheels are you running? Any pics for ideas?

green914
What year is your 914? I would try and find a stock alloy wheel for your 914.
1stworks
Vintage 4 bolt Revolution 15 x 7

IPB Image
JFG
QUOTE(1stworks @ May 23 2016, 06:23 PM) *

IPB Image

Nice rims. ? Cool graffiti too.
JFG
QUOTE(green914 @ May 23 2016, 06:19 PM) *

What year is your 914? I would try and find a stock alloy wheel for your 914.

It's 1974 model but as it was stripped to near bate shell before i bought it keeping it original would be too expensive and quite a bit of hassle. There are few spares over here for it. When all charges are taken into account when buying from usa, the cost soon starts to spiral.
1stworks

Nice rims. ? Cool graffiti too.
[/quote]

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...wheel_types.htm
carcus
QUOTE(1stworks @ May 23 2016, 12:23 PM) *

IPB Image

I love your car and those rims
carcus
QUOTE(JFG @ May 23 2016, 12:12 PM) *

I'm looking at my car lately and thinking i might keep the gt style steels that are currently rolling the shell around.

I have a set of riviera alloys and both types need restoring. I'm just not sure which to go for.

I like the Riviera alloys I partially restored. Personally I like the Centerline rims on the 914.

Click to view attachment
1stworks

I love your car and those rims
[/quote]

Thank you.

1stworks
QUOTE(carcus @ May 23 2016, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(JFG @ May 23 2016, 12:12 PM) *

I like the Riviera alloys I partially restored. Personally I like the Centerline rims on the 914.

Click to view attachment

Beautiful car.I love white biggrin.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(JFG @ May 23 2016, 10:12 AM) *

16x7 ET35 4 lug VTOs
pvollma
QUOTE(JFG @ May 23 2016, 02:12 PM) *

6.5 x 15 Minilites

Click to view attachment
jimkelly
sport steelies, though less unsprung weight is touted to be better. for highway driving, they are fine.
A&P Mech
Sport steelies.
Click to view attachment
Shadowfax
Switched from steel wheels to Fuchs.
Click to view attachment
carcus
QUOTE(jimkelly @ May 23 2016, 07:06 PM) *

sport steelies, though less unsprung weight is touted to be better. for highway driving, they are fine.

I have a set of rusted out steelies I will give to anyone in Colorado Springs area wishing to pick them up locally. No shipping, they need alot of restoration but free.
ssuperflyoldguy
QUOTE(pvollma @ May 23 2016, 05:44 PM) *

6.5 x 15 Minilites

Click to view attachment

Johannes Player?
RohJay
I'm running Pedrinis: color coded to the side valance, airdam and rear valance.
Detailed with polished rim and ribs.

Click to view attachment
HaraldD
....Fuchs... smile.gif
Click to view attachment
Optimusglen
I've got a set of Dan Gurney wheels. 15x5.5 I do like them but I manly got them because they were local and a good price. First choice would be 5 lug Fuchs.

IPB Image
1stworks
QUOTE(pvollma @ May 23 2016, 06:44 PM) *

6.5 x 15 Minilites

Click to view attachment

Super cool!!!
sb914
17"revolutionsClick to view attachment
And Polished Fuchs Click to view attachment
1stworks
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 24 2016, 06:53 AM) *

I need these in my life.
Really nice beerchug.gif
JFG
All good looking wheels/cars. Think i'm leaning towards the rivieras for mine. Possibly use the steels if i take it out in the winter/autum months.

Guys running the bigger / wider rims, what have you done to accomodate the rims? Steering/suspension etc?
wes
7x16 Preformance wheels of Australia.Click to view attachment
pvollma
QUOTE(JFG @ May 24 2016, 02:37 PM) *

All good looking wheels/cars. Think i'm leaning towards the rivieras for mine. Possibly use the steels if i take it out in the winter/autum months.

Guys running the bigger / wider rims, what have you done to accomodate the rims? Steering/suspension etc?

My 6.5 x 15 Minilites run 195/65s with no problem on my stock 76. I probably could have fit 205s but didn't try.
pete000
2 liter Fuchs refinished by Al Reed... aktion035.gif
Optimusglen
QUOTE(JFG @ May 24 2016, 01:37 PM) *

Not sure if it applies to me since my wheels are 5.5" narrow.
But I am running 205/60-15 so here goes...

They fit alright with the stock fender/lip.
IPB Image

I'll need to roll the inner lip to prevent rubbing though.
IPB Image
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(pete000 @ May 24 2016, 07:46 PM) *

How much did that cost and how long did it take? They look great. I bought a set that is not even close to that.
cali914
Cookie cutters I wanted Fuchs but the cookie cutters are kind of growing on me and they are just as light as fuchsClick to view attachment
abes914
i have riviera wheels and steelies and just ordered new tires. i am thinking of sporting the steelies. i really love the minilites but they are out of the budget at this time.
Click to view attachment
luft
QUOTE(pete000 @ May 24 2016, 06:46 PM) *

yes this are the best looking wheels for 914 for sure
QUOTE(jimkelly @ May 23 2016, 06:06 PM) *

Maybe I'm behind the times, but what in the world are sport steelies?
In layman's terms, simply widen stock steel wheels??.
falcor75
IPB Image

7x15 ATS Cookie Cutters with 195-55-15 tires.
North Coast Jim

Love the ATS Wheel. got mine direct from Germany many years ago. Unfortunately in a weak moment sold this car along with the wheels. Stupid me. The ATS wheel is out of production now. Wish I could get a decent again.
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
revolution
Gmanscott55
17" Porsche factory 996 10-spoke- 7" front and 9" rear.

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
I know that it gets expensive doing the five lug and buying the wheels, but 15" Fuchs look very good on a 914 IMHO.

Click to view attachment
RickS
Looks like reading comprehension may be heading toward a one legged A. smile.gif

"What 4 lug wheels are you running? Any pics for ideas?"
eyesright
QUOTE(carcus @ May 23 2016, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(jimkelly @ May 23 2016, 07:06 PM) *

I have a set of rusted out steelies I will give to anyone in Colorado Springs area wishing to pick them up locally. No shipping, they need alot of restoration but free.

I have some GOOD late steelies that I'll give away to anyone who shows up in SW Oklahoma.
eyesright

Here are Mahle's on my '76 LE wannabe.

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
same with Lawrence. 6jx15 Fuchs with 205x60 tires

Click to view attachment
Silver Surfer
I'm running steelies with trim rings. Not my favorite set up, but they came with the car and I haven't gotten around to changing them yet (it's only been ten years). I guess I'm waiting for a set of Pedrinis to magically appear in the garage.

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Four Lug 15x7 Mahles
Mueller
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 1 2016, 11:05 AM) *

Four Lug

Nice except for the way too long wheel studs smile.gif
JmuRiz
I ran black/polished 2.0 Fuchs when I had a 4-bolt setup.
Always thought it looked sharp...and really looked great on the black car of the guy I sold them to.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(eyesright @ Jun 1 2016, 07:40 AM) *

Here are Mahle's on my '76 LE wannabe.

Click to view attachment

Its not a wannabe. The LE's were for marketing and you can market your 76 anyway you want. aktion035.gif
matthepcat
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 1 2016, 11:22 AM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 1 2016, 11:05 AM) *

Four Lug

Nice except for the way too long wheel studs smile.gif

No he is just prepared for flairs and wheel spacers.

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.