Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 Renegade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
vinniedatorch
73 914 Porsche with a 215 cubic inch Buick aluminum V8 recently completed.
House of color traditional Candy red over Orion silver paint new interior black leatherette and black tweed with red stitch. No rust car.interior covered in sound deadener before carpeted.
Custom built bundle of snakes headers with 6" flow masters and 3" out the back. Complete ceramic coating on exhaust system, sounds amazing! New electronics throughout MSD 6AL ignition and Dizzy.
Original polished and powder coated alloys w/new tires, new brakes all around. Pics coming soon or contact at 562-896-3699 Vinnie and I can send some to your phone.
Car can be seen in PCA magazine "the Circuit" February issue
$24,000.00
matthepcat
Here is the article referenced:

http://gpx.pca.org/wp-content/uploads/2012...016-Circuit.pdf

He references that Bruce Stone worked on the car, so maybe he can chime in.

Also his build thread here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=266151&hl=
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(matthepcat @ May 23 2016, 04:32 PM) *

Here is the article referenced:

http://gpx.pca.org/wp-content/uploads/2012...016-Circuit.pdf

He references that Bruce Stone worked on the car, so maybe he can chime in.

Also his build thread here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=266151&hl=

Bruce helped me expedite some of the missing parts for the build. But he has seen the car at his swap so may be able to comment. thank you for helping post the build thread, I think it may help
Blue6
Numerous members here in SoCal have seen this car. A quality build that turned out excellent. A buyer would not be disappointed..
Cuda911
Any idea how much HP?

Also, you had the comment in your build: "Next major acquisition would be a gearbox with taller gears as this thing gets up and boogies but runs out of gear on the frwy."

Was this ever addressed?
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ May 24 2016, 11:32 PM) *

Any idea how much HP?

Also, you had the comment in your build: "Next major acquisition would be a gearbox with taller gears as this thing gets up and boogies but runs out of gear on the frwy."

Was this ever addressed?

fun car around town but i'm not planning any trips to Vegas in it. waiting on having a box built for it but enjoying it as is for now. it cruises 75-80 I just felt like id like to run flat out for a while and it needed another gear for that type of run
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(vinniedatorch @ May 26 2016, 12:09 PM) *

Any idea how much HP?

Was this ever addressed?

fun car around town but i'm not planning any trips to Vegas in it. waiting on having a box built for it but enjoying it as is for now. it cruises 75-80 I just felt like id like to run flat out for a while and it needed another gear for that type of run

This motor in 63 from the manufacturer made 185 HP with a 390 CFM Rochester. The addition of headers, MSD ignition and distributor, Edelbrock intake and 500CFM carb Crower cam and lifters as well as a set of 180 headers and free flowing exhaust and I'm confident that 250 HP is not a stretch and more than enough power for this little car. there is no dyno time as of yet so this just an experienced guess and I believe it to be modest
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(Blue6 @ May 24 2016, 10:33 PM) *

Numerous members here in SoCal have seen this car. A quality build that turned out excellent. A buyer would not be disappointed..

thank you for your comment
Cuda911
QUOTE(vinniedatorch @ May 26 2016, 12:16 PM) *

QUOTE(vinniedatorch @ May 26 2016, 12:09 PM) *

Any idea how much HP?

Was this ever addressed?

This motor in 63 from the manufacturer made 185 HP with a 390 CFM Rochester. The addition of headers, MSD ignition and distributor, Edelbrock intake and 500CFM carb Crower cam and lifters as well as a set of 180 headers and free flowing exhaust and I'm confident that 250 HP is not a stretch and more than enough power for this little car. there is no dyno time as of yet so this just an experienced guess and I believe it to be modest

OK, thanks. Yes, I agree, 250-ish is plenty.

So, is it screaming at redline at 75/80?

Stunning car!
jim_hoyland
Beautiful build; looks terrific smile.gif
vinniedatorch
TTT lets go boys
vinniedatorch
a couple more shots
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 30 2016, 02:02 PM) *

Beautiful build; looks terrific smile.gif

Thank you Jim
carguy987
Is the car still available? With the exhaust in trunk I guess you cant take the top off and put it in trunk? Does a lot of heat build up in trunk and what about bottom of rear trunk lid? Did you cover with dynamat? Is the bell housing pattern the same as a SBC, reason I ask is if I have problems with that motor wondering if I could swap a SBC in easily? Can you send more pics to carguy987@hotmail.com.
Would you be willing to take a 74 914 2.0 one owner with original fuel injection Olympic blue in partial?
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(carguy987 @ Jun 11 2016, 05:36 PM) *

Is the car still available? With the exhaust in trunk I guess you cant take the top off and put it in trunk? Does a lot of heat build up in trunk and what about bottom of rear trunk lid? Did you cover with dynamat? Is the bell housing pattern the same as a SBC, reason I ask is if I have problems with that motor wondering if I could swap a SBC in easily? Can you send more pics to carguy987@hotmail.com.
Would you be willing to take a 74 914 2.0 one owner with original fuel injection Olympic blue in partial?

Car guy ,
Yes although I have a potential buyer I'm in process of swapping gearbox for a complete
race built box with a taller 5th, billet intermediate carrier and few other mods that I hope will take this car to another level. Haven't had any problems with heat in engine compartment and I drive the frwys in so cal. I don't believe bell housing is a match for small block GM but I could be wrong and can do some research. Problems with this engine? Not sure what that means, but I know that this 215 Buick aluminum V8 was in the Buick special for 3 years before the design was sold to Range Rover in 1964 and has been in every land and Range Rover since 1965. Although it has gone thru many changes like our small block Chevy it is still in use witch would qualify it as the UK's equivalent to the small block Chevy. This version of this motor weighs 90 lbs. more than the 2.0 it replaced. Parts are available and D&D fabrications on the east coast is a wealth of information as well as parts. I'm at 562-896-3699 if you have questions
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.