Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coondog
The clock in my 75 has never worked. I have read Pelicans thread on rebuilding it and of course the later year clocks are the most difficult to rebuilt.

After reading all the issues related to buying from AA it scared me off. I am a turn key kind of guy so what are my options. Does someone sell rebuilt clocks with today's tech built in ??

I even have a receipt where the last owner bought the Non Working clock... WTF.gif and yes it says non working on the receipt

Also are the factory center console gauges supposed to light up ??
mepstein
Send it to north Hollywood and get it repaired.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Coondog @ May 23 2016, 08:52 PM) *

Yes
914bub
QUOTE(Coondog @ May 23 2016, 08:52 PM) *

The clock in my 75 has never worked. I have read Pelicans thread on rebuilding it and of course the later year clocks are the most difficult to rebuilt.

After reading all the issues related to buying from AA it scared me off. I am a turn key kind of guy so what are my options. Does someone sell rebuilt clocks with today's tech built in ??

I even have a receipt where the last owner bought the Non Working clock... WTF.gif and yes it says non working on the receipt

Old clocks fail. Not just 914 clocks but old Volvo & Mercedes. BMW clocks etc. , as well. It doesn't surprise me that the PO bought a documented non working clock for "serious" money. I've sold multiple old Volvo, (Early 1800) clocks, NON Working for $249.

Hollywood speedo is good. I personally have dealt with Palo Alto speedometer and their spin off, Sunnyvale Speedometer. Sunnyale speedo s long gone but I'm sure Palo Alto Speedo is still around.

And yea,..... It should light up

EDIT. Just looked up PA speedo. Try them they are top notch and last I checked had a faster turn around than hollywood. Convenient for Bay Area people as well.

http://www.paspeedo.com/
ndfrigi
When i bought my 75 last 2011, my clock on the center console is not working and bought a used one and it was not working too! Wire has 12 volts and clock light is working. Then I realized why do I need to make it work when my after market radio/cd player has clock and actually I don't set the right time on my cd player since I usually unplug my battery when not planning of driving the car for more than week. I'm also planning to install the cut of switch on the main battery line.
Coondog
Thanks for the info. Hollywood speed is a easy drive. I will call them tomorrow. Also like there other 914 custom gauge work.

PO paid 25.00 bucks for the clock. I always look at my phone or watch for the time, I just like everything in my cars to work.....
dlkawashima
Pelican Parts clock repair article:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/m...lock_repair.htm

I don't know about the Type II clock, but if you have a Type I clock I'd encourage you to try the repair yourself. I called Palo Alto Speedometer and was quoted $280 just to look at my clock. Instead I got some low temperature solder paste from Amazon for about $15 and did the repair myself. Honestly, the Type I clock is very easy to fix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.