Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally properly insured
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Silver Surfer
We got a second household, non-classic car this year, which means that all drivers in the household now have cars that aren't classics, which ultimately meant that I could finally get classic insurance on the 914 and "car in construction" insurance for the GTV. So happy to know that the 914 is now insured for its value and not for its age. I was afraid to drive it towards the end there. If anything went wrong I knew I'd have to argue with All State that it isn't a beat up, 40-year old, VW.

Click to view attachment

BeemerSteve
Sweet car!
whitetwinturbo
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
914bub
Sorry for the off topic post. I was wondering where you got clear front side marker lenses? I assume they are aftermarket? They look stunning on a silver car especially with the clear,(Italian?), front turn signal lenses. TIA
messix
914rubber has them http://shop.914rubber.com/914-Front-turnsi...ear-914FTS2.htm
patssle
Just fully insured mine this week as well. It was recently wrapped so with pretty much all the mechanicals and bodywork done and now it looks good too...figured it was a good time to put a value on it.

Click to view attachment
Silver Surfer
QUOTE(914bub @ May 25 2016, 06:13 PM) *

Sorry for the off topic post. I was wondering where you got clear front side marker lenses? I assume they are aftermarket? They look stunning on a silver car especially with the clear,(Italian?), front turn signal lenses. TIA

I got mine from AA about ten years ago. While they may not be entirely legal without amber bulbs, I think they look great on silver cars and on certain blue ones as well.

Silver Surfer
QUOTE(patssle @ May 25 2016, 07:53 PM) *

Just fully insured mine this week as well. It was recently wrapped so with pretty much all the mechanicals and bodywork done and now it looks good too...figured it was a good time to put a value on it.

That looks great! I love those Mahle wheels!

Geezer914
You can make them legal by using amber bulbs.

Who did you use for insurance?
Silver Surfer
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 26 2016, 02:56 PM) *

You can make them legal by using amber bulbs.

Hagerty. I didn't shop around at all though. I also got the project car insurance for the Alfa GTV I'm restoring. All in all very reasonable compared to what I was paying before without an agreed upon value.

pvollma
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 26 2016, 02:56 PM) *

For USAA members, they have an agreement with American Collectors Insurance that coordinates your collector car insurance with your other cars (I also had an umbrella policy so I had to make sure the underlying car insurance was as required for that). I insured my 76 for $25K declared value, and can drive it up to 5,000 miles per year for car shows and club events, fun drives, and occasional other uses (except no timed events). Saved me about $175/year over what I was paying for the 914 with my other 3 cars, and eliminated the potential fight over value if I had to make a claim on my regular policy. No affiliation with USAA or ACI.
forrestkhaag
I live in the Porsche theft capital of the universe (Southern Cal near two major freeways to LA)... I use Hagerty with stated value of 40K for less than 10 bucks a day..... Half of what i was paying Geico for half the value and for a guaranteed future argument.......

beerchug.gif
mikesjunk
State Farm should of been able to provide you with a stated value policy. At least I know my agent said they could do that. She might be subbing it out. She said I would have to provide several photos to document condition. I was asking as the one I'm working on is my sisters and I was thinking I'd throw some plates and insurance on it to "test" drive it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.