Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Carburetor / Manifold Spacers or Insulators
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
GansMann
I've recently had a pretty significant price drop. I've been able to reduce material waste, increased tool life and no more eBay fees if contacting me directly!

Orders over $100 have free shipping.

MOST ARE MADE TO ORDER WITH LESS THAN 1 WEEK TURN AROUND.

Any Carburetor / Manifold Spacers or Insulators Price: $12.00 and up

If I don't have it I can make it with a few measurements.

CNC milled and hand finished.

These are a quick fix for carburetors being subject to "heat soak," where the fuel is boiling in the float bowl.

All spacers are made to order from materials and labor here in the USA. (I will soon be creating a decent sized inventory for quicker shipment.)

I am charging by the bore quantity since set up time and machining time is pretty uniform.

Most common spacers and pricing for reference:
28 PICT -
1/4in $12 per carb

34 ICT/PICT/EPC/FRD
1/4in $12 per carb
3/8in $15 per carb

40 IDF/HPMX/DRLA

1/4in $24 per carb
3/8in $30 per carb

44 IDF/HPMX/DRLA
3/8in $30 per carb

48 IDF/HPMX/DRLA
1/4in $24 per carb

44 Weber DCNF
1/4in $24 per carb

Please verify that your float settings and fuel pressure are to spec before ordering spacer, If either of those are the underlying cause, it can be a waste of money to put insulating spacers on.

If you're sure you have the carbs set right but you get the percolator drip on shut down, feel the carbs 5-10 minutes after shutting the motor off. If they are very warm to the touch you probably have heat soak issues.

Modern fuel begins to boil at 160 degrees Fahrenheit at sea level. I've found that the issue began on my type 4 bus motor when my ICTs reached around 150 degrees F.

IPB Image
IDF spacer with typical glossy finish
IPB Image
ICT spacer with prototype planed surface (they do not seal without gaskets even with a perfect level surface
IPB Image
Solex to IDF adapter
GansMann
Please PM me for contact information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.