Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: DISASTER!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
Yesterday, as I was chatting with Britt, my computer locked up, and rebooted itself..

As the bios loaded, I noticed the init for my video was 3 rows of DDDDDDDDDDDDDD..

I think my video bus is dead.. smile.gif I forced a reboot, and it won't post again.

Anyways, a new chip, and a motherboard are in order, and I am kind of tied up, so looking like a week, or two..

Email will go somwhat unanswered, but I will check every other day, or so.

Have fun, and you all be safe, see ya less!

M
SpecialK
Man down, man down..!

Okay........who can get deals on Chips and Motherboards?!?
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Special_K @ Apr 4 2005, 11:57 AM)
Man down, man down..!

Okay........who can get deals on Chips and Motherboards?!?

I get the same deals everyone else does: zipzoomfly, newegg...

I've built a few kick-ass machines the past month... this one I wanted to keep:

3800+ Athlon 64
Asus A8N SLI deluxe 939 pin MB
1GB Geil Ultra series Ram (2 CAS)
6800 Ultra Nvidia Video
NEC 3520A DVD-RW
160GB Seagate 10k RPM drive

drooley.gif

when we put the 2nd 6800 Ultra in it, I don't think there will be much that is faster!

now, if I can just update my own... dry.gif
scottb
3800+ Athlon 64
6800 Ultra Nvidia Video
NEC 3520A DVD-RW

how much $???

that looks like fun......
Toast
Will miss ya around M.

What are you doing later..... wink.gif
rick 918-S
idea.gif wavey.gif
JoeSharp
Latter M.
Joe
bd1308
So THATS why he just left.......thought i said something bad...... I have a ghetto technology graveyard, ask Doug Hardman.....i take donations for old stuff you were going to throw away..... smile.gif Miles, GOOD LUCK!!!! laugh.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (scottb @ Apr 4 2005, 12:58 PM)
3800+ Athlon 64
6800 Ultra Nvidia Video
NEC 3520A DVD-RW

how much $???

that looks like fun......

I think it was around $1400 for all the parts... not cheap, but it was a bad ass!!

we got a deal on the mobo+chip together at zipzoom... $500 for the pair...
another $500 for the video card
$150-200 for a power supply to run the beast (don't get a cheap PSU, this is the most important piece of a stable system... crappy power=crappy performance and stability) we used an Enermax 701AX-VE 600W...
around $60 for the DVD,
and other 75 for the case
and win xp pro $100

in comparison... similar systems are costing about $3k from places like alienware who build gaming machines...
bd1308
antec....all the way...better than my friend's PSU...a IC intregrated power supply....it stopped working liek 1 month after he bought it, but that's becuase he stuck a screwdriver in it, trying to clean the dust off of the fan...... moron screwy.gif
redshift
All replacement do-do.. Abit IC7-G and a 3. whatever..

I am working... at work.. worky worky worky..

I go get stuff at pricewatch.

M
Aaron Cox
later bro.....

talk to ya later cool.gif
i love porsche
i built my desktop off of newegg, and the motherboard broke 3 times, along with the video card once....
BUT

they replaced them free of charge, and quickly too, practically no questions asked, so, i reccomend newegg for new hardware
balljoint
I know where you can get a brand new Anus laptop.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (balljoint @ Apr 4 2005, 03:26 PM)

do tell!! pm me if you want!
bd1308
i have a vpr matrix laptop, porsche designed....i'll literally give it to anybody who comes and gets it..... i paid over $2400 into it....i'll sell it for like $500
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 4 2005, 04:07 PM)
i have a vpr matrix laptop, porsche designed....i'll literally give it to anybody who comes and gets it..... i paid over $2400 into it....i'll sell it for like $500

what speed? I may be interested... I need something fater than my current laptop... a viao w/ 500mhz and 128MB ram
SpecialK
NEWS FLASH......

Georgia man electrocuted while attempting to rebuilding his personal computer using old Porsche 914 parts.......film at 11.
redshift
ZZZZT!

(working late.. smile.gif)
Joe Bob
QUOTE (redshift @ Apr 4 2005, 04:27 PM)
ZZZZT!

(working late.. smile.gif)

Yer not here...remember? dry.gif
scotty b
laugh.gif Thats what you get for talking to Britt!! Was he trying to get you to dissasemble your distributer and rebuild it with pentium parts? monkeydance.gif Seriously though........nah forget that,I'm no good at serious,it takes to much werk and my hed hertz frum the fumez
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (balljoint @ Apr 4 2005, 01:26 PM)

that scambait thread rocked! smilie_pokal.gif
mharrison
Pricewatch

This is the place to get your computer hardware CHEAP. Be sure to check their return policy though. This is an on-line vendor submission site. It is very competative.

bd1308
QUOTE (scotty b @ Apr 4 2005, 06:34 PM)
laugh.gif Thats what you get for talking to Britt!! Was he trying to get you to dissasemble your distributer and rebuild it with pentium parts? monkeydance.gif Seriously though........nah forget that,I'm no good at serious,it takes to much werk and my hed hertz frum the fumez

laugh.gif that ended up being so easy........thx for helping me out...my distributor runs so much faster now that I put the dual processor upgrade in it....additional ram helps too...need the service pack though laugh.gif chairfall.gif
redshift
B. Dodd kills computers, dead.

Do not chat with Britt Dodd.

You have been warned.

M
Joe Bob
QUOTE (redshift @ Apr 5 2005, 04:43 PM)
B. Dodd kills computers, dead.

Do not chat with Britt Dodd.

You have been warned.

M

wait....like...aren't you daid or sumthin'?
redshift
no... just working smile.gif

m
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.