Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Newbie. Got a few questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
surfdogskier
Hey guys. New to the forum and new to a 1972 914 1.7L. Very excited to play around with it. I had a 1978 911 a few years back but my favorite has always been a 914. I got it for an even trade on a 1984 Thundercraft boat. I think I did pretty good.

It is in really good shape in and out. Car runs ok but I do have a couple of questions.

1. I changed the oil and it had a log of gas in it. What could cause this? Not driving it enough for it to evaporate (I read that somewhere).

2. I have also have a few hoses that don't go anywhere and open spots on the engine that look like they need those hoses. I just don't know what goes where. Can someone point me to a some open engine hatches for a 1.7. I can find 2.0's and conversions all over. Just not the one I need.

3. How do you check for vacuum leaks? I hear these are common on these Porsches.

Again, thanks for any help. Excited to be part of 914world..... beerchug.gif

Jason
Sevierville, TN
era vulgaris
welcome.png

Here's a diagram for your 1.7 vacuum hoses.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=212385

If you have vacuum leaks with Djet, your idle will be high. You should be idling around 850-900rpm. If you're there, you're good. If you're above that you likely have vacuum leaks.

Gas in oil is from leaky injectors or a leaky cold start valve.
surfdogskier
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ May 26 2016, 09:31 PM) *

welcome.png

Here's a diagram for your 1.7 vacuum hoses.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=212385

If you have vacuum leaks with Djet, your idle will be high. You should be idling around 850-900rpm. If you're there, you're good. If you're above that you likely have vacuum leaks.

Gas in oil is from leaky injectors or a leaky cold start valve.

That is exactly what I needed......Thanks!
steuspeed
You're going to have a blast. Welcome to the world.

beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
welcome.png

Change all your fuel hoses and fuel injection rubber. You don't want to blow up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.