Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's this Bra Worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I dug this out last week. This was included with the 73 when I purchased it. It obviously isn't for a 74 or earlier.

Click to view attachment

It fits a lot better on my 76.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

But is it for a 914? Notice the extra cut outs between the fog lamp and front plate cut outs.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It cleaned up nicely and is in fantastic shape sans the elastic pieces. Does it have any value? TIA, Kent beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

dlkawashima
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 26 2016, 09:14 PM) *

It fits a lot better on my 76.

Click to view attachment

But is it for a 914? Notice the extra cut outs between the fog lamp and front plate cut outs.

Probably for this ...

Click to view attachment
Cuda911
I have an excellent-condition 914 bra that came with my car. Doesn't look like it was ever used. When I posted here, no one was interested in purchasing it. That's my $0.02.
arkitect
I don't think there is too much value for used porsche bras IMHO.

I have one not the best shape that came with one of my cars, hard for me to throw away...it does have 'PORSCHE' on it. Keep on thinking that someone can have it ...but the truth is no one wants it even for free.

Dave
Andyrew
Yup, no interest in Bra's at this point. I have a chrome bumper bra with flaps for titties and posted it up about a year ago with almost no interest.

You might as well just use the leather for something else.
EdwardBlume
agree.gif

The space is worth more than the product.
somd914
I've always found bras do as much damage as the prevent as they also seem to chafe the paint around the edges of the bra.

Agree, toss it and fill the space with something useful.
76-914
Lots of good info. So if it's a useless, paint damaging, space wasting, penis envy, POS it should sell quite well on EBay, right? lol-2.gif
mepstein
Yep. eBay.
boxstr
Have a giveaway, and the bra is the prize. first.gif
Craig at CAMP
r_towle
Burn it. In my opinion all bras should be burned
Chris H.
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 27 2016, 09:42 AM) *

Lots of good info. So if it's a useless, paint damaging, space wasting, penis envy, POS it should sell quite well on EBay, right? lol-2.gif

YES! Someone will want it for the period correctness.

BTW those holes are definitely for the tits and front plate. After a while they tear and the whole thing flaps in the breeze like a flag thumb3d.gif . The black vinyl heats up the paint causing it to crack and peel and it also traps moisture when it gets rained on. But hey, no rock chips on the err....plastic...bumper blink.gif .
sb914
Just burn it! fighting19.gif
7TPorsh
I think their only good use is covering up a cross eyed frond end. Used mine to cover a crappy bumper top and no headlights for awhile so I could still drive it around without being too embarrassed. The exhaust leak is another story.
altitude411
A bra with holes for tits has to be worth something... shades.gif
sixnotfour
Needs more lace to make it more sexy cheer.gif
eric9144
I had one of those come with my car as well, came in a storage bag that had a little porche crest on it--threw the bra in the trash where it belongs and kept the storage bag to keep my extra fan belt and some other crap in up in the front trunk.
era vulgaris
My car came with one of those too. We should start a poll and see how many people had these useless pieces of crap 'gifted' to them by PO's!

I leave mine in the front trunk and use it to keep groceries (or whatever I get at the store) from moving around when I'm driving.gif through turns!
7TPorsh
Mine came with one/...Porsche Crest
napasteve
Mine came with a bra in a nice bag. Based on this thread, I think I'm going to toss it. Unless someone wants it for free.
mepstein
I have a bra in my stash. Never used it. Would give it away if someone wanted it.
r_towle
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 27 2016, 03:59 PM) *

I have a bra in my stash. Never used it. Would give it away if someone wanted it.

I have some coffee and cookie in my stash from earlier
porschetub
Do you need a bra if you don't have tits lol-2.gif
carcus
QUOTE(napasteve @ May 27 2016, 12:58 PM) *

Mine came with a bra in a nice bag. Based on this thread, I think I'm going to toss it. Unless someone wants it for free.

I know these are kinda nostalgia now, and I know that water gets under the paint on them. I saw people who left them on for years in the heat and rain without taking them off...the paint came off with them. But, if someone has one for nostalgia and I can just put on for a period correct 1976 square fog lights, I will pay shipping at your cost.....no rush on shipping, cheapest way...and what you feel it is worth on top of shipping. Yes, nobody buys these anymore, but I would get one in GOOD condition, not torn up or wasted from one of you. Has to fit a late model and no mold. Give me a best price shipped. Better then throwing it away.

PM me or carcster88@yahoo.com

And if it is not looking like something you would not put on one time just for a cars and coffee...do not want it. I have not seen one of these on a car in over 2 decades.....but nostalgia calls me to show my Son what a car bra was....LOL. If you have a case for it even better.
carcus
Or I have 3 orange front turn signal lenses and some other odds and ends for members in decent condition. Got lots of junk laying around. Got some orange side markers in good condition.
mepstein
QUOTE(carcus @ May 29 2016, 05:06 AM) *

QUOTE(napasteve @ May 27 2016, 12:58 PM) *

I know these are kinda nostalgia now, and I know that water gets under the paint on them. I saw people who left them on for years in the heat and rain without taking them off...the paint came off with them. But, if someone has one for nostalgia and I can just put on for a period correct 1976 square fog lights, I will pay shipping at your cost.....no rush on shipping, cheapest way...and what you feel it is worth on top of shipping. Yes, nobody buys these anymore, but I would get one in GOOD condition, not torn up or wasted from one of you. Has to fit a late model and no mold. Give me a best price shipped. Better then throwing it away.

PM me or carcster88@yahoo.com

And if it is not looking like something you would not put on one time just for a cars and coffee...do not want it. I have not seen one of these on a car in over 2 decades.....but nostalgia calls me to show my Son what a car bra was....LOL. If you have a case for it even better.

Well I'm pretty sure mine came with a '75. Let me take another look at it and if so, send it your way.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 27 2016, 08:01 AM) *

Burn it. In my opinion all bras should be burned

In this case... bros.
KELTY360
QUOTE(carcus @ May 29 2016, 02:06 AM) *

nostalgia calls me to show my Son what a car bra was....

You'll also need to teach him how to remove it with just two fingers on a single try. happy11.gif
Keith914
Also have one, came with car, about one year old, never used, yours for cost of packing/shipping.
Gunn1
I believe Mr. Costanza and Kramer were working on that...
They didn't call it a bra though,
they referred to it as a "Bro" or " manseire"
Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(OU812 @ May 29 2016, 08:29 AM) *

I believe Mr. Costanza and Kramer were working on that...
They didn't call it a bra though,
they referred to it as a "Bro" or " manseire"
Click to view attachment

Exactly. av-943.gif aktion035.gif
carcus
PM me if you have a nice one with a bag. Will pay for shipping and give you a few bucks. Late model 76 with the square fogs rubber bumpers. I can send you some money PayPal. Looking for one with Porsche script in white on the black bra. The cleaner the better, will use for local Cars and Coffee meets. Might use it one or 2 times, but hey...if you are gonna throw them out....

If you send me yours, I will offer it for free shipping to someone who wants one when I use this a few times if I decide not to keep it.

carcster88@yahoo.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.