Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB- Socket organizer decals Now easier to find the right socket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Bruce hit me up the other day to make these. It's really a good idea. The stamping on most sockets makes it difficult to quickly identify the correct socket Or even wrench, without picking it up.

So at about 24" you can kind of make out what these are, but have you ever grabbed a 14, when you were looking for a 13 or 15?
Mikey914
You can tell the black is an odd, so you don't want to grab a white one.
The top sockets the 2nd one is a 3/8" the second from the end on the top is a 11/16.
So now you can see what you need!
Mikey914
Going up on the site shortly.
You may want one for sockets and another for wrenches.
arkitect
Great idea........ smile.gif

Dave
wes
Excellent these old eyes aren't what they used to be! I'll be in for 2 sets when they're available
somd914
What type of materials are you using? I've been using these on my sockets:

http://www.amazon.com/Identification-mecha...n/dp/B00GDOJZ0S

I find they stick well, but when cleaning up with brake cleaner or Purple Power (don't like sockets caked with grease and oil), the print starts to wipe off.

However, stickers are cheap and easy to re-apply if damaged, and certainly a great assistance to these aging eyes who have decided near vision is no longer their forte...

Haven't thought about using them on wrenches, and I like the even/odd color scheme - nice idea beerchug.gif
Mikey914
We used vinyl instead of foil. I wouldn't use a solvent on them, but made the strip long enough to see if the back ground is black or white easily.
I'm pretty good at guesstimating sizes within about 1, so I love these.

Nothing fancy just a down and dirty way to help get the job done more efficiently.

You will need to clean the oil and grease off for these to stick.
914-300Hemi
Great idea count me in for a set.

worn
Nice. You might even consider dropping the "mm" in favor of bigger font. I know the wrench is probably limiting.

Me, I paint 10, 13, and 17 yellow. In every set. They say that painting them yellow makes them faster. GLWTSs!
PanelBilly
Where does the 914rubber sticker go?
luskesq
I'll be down for several sets Mark. Do we just order from your website?

Keith
Mikey914
Yes I'll have up on the site shortly.
Mark
Wyvern
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 27 2016, 11:10 AM) *

Where does the 914rubber sticker go?

Great idea ... I'll get a set
I am going to put mine on the 9/14 th socket

Ohhhh and prolly do a bit MORE shopping on the site ... you like my crack dealer ... I just want MORE !
Mikey914
Got them up now, and also put a few Easter eggs in the GB section........ Enjoy

http://shop.914rubber.com/searchquick-subm...keywords=wrench

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.