Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: % CO at idle?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve Thacker
Anyone have the specs for what the CO percentage should be on a 2.0 F.I system? I'm dialing mine in, but I need to know what the baseline should be. If you have the at WOT percentage that is needed also.
Root_Werks
This won't be setting you up to pass emissions or anything, but around 3% should be good for power/economy. wink.gif
Steve Thacker
Thanks Dan for the reply. The good thing is that we don't have any of the E-check crap here. I'm just trying to get a baseline, for engine health. I'm paranoid to damage the valves and toast a engine. Seeing it cost a small fortune to rebuild. I have it set for 3% at idle. However it drops to the 1.5% area at about 3 grand. Would this be normal? I'm afraid to allow it to run too lean while out cruising.
Steve Thacker
Bump..

Anyone else have any thoughts about my last post?
Root_Werks
Well, your 1.5% at 3k rpm probably isn't loaded. If you were driving your 914, it would be higher than that I am sure. I would say you should be fine. Time to drive and enjoy! biggrin.gif driving.gif
Steve Thacker
Thank you Dan. I justed needed a warm fuzzy from someone who has BTDT. I now have my security blankie and I feel safe now. laugh.gif

Better safe than sorry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.