Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB - Early rain trays Will be ready in 2-3 weeks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Got the early rain trays going. These should be of "Garvey " Quality. Only late ones are currently available, now you can get the correct one for your car.
So who's up for one?
Niklas
I am in for one for my 1971.
dlee6204
In
Tom_T
Oooo-Oooo-Oooo, Mista Kotter-Mista Kotter, Me-Me-Me!!!! piratenanner.gif

One for me Mark, along with a little "Welcome Back Kotter" humor!

Out of curiosity, what did you decide to do to strengthen the long front & rear edge lips where the OEs would warp, as in that pic I sent you a while back when you were planning these? confused24.gif

Thanx for doing these! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 27 2016, 11:46 PM) *

These should be of "Garvey " Quality.

For those who don't know, Pat Garvey is our Originality & History Forum Mod & a stickler for correctness. smile.gif first.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
iankarr
I'm in for a 73. Is that early or late?
Tom_T
QUOTE(cuddyk @ May 28 2016, 11:01 AM) *

I'm in for a 73. Is that early or late?

Early was 70-73 MYs for sure, & maybe 74 too - if Steve G or Jeff Bowlsby or one of the other original 74 owners will chime in. I'm not sure of the exact change date.

Late was 75-76 for sure, & any factory replacement tray purchased later on 75-ish on (depending on stock at the dealer).

The factory considered the late trays a superceded part that was improved to prevent the heat warping of the early tray lips, which allowed a heavier rain than the 2 drain funnels/tubes could handle, to spill over the front edge, get behind the sisal engine bay side pad & rust the firewall & ledge/shelf.

Very early 70-72 cars didn't have a sound pad, so possibly not as much of a concern.

Don't ask me how I know! dry.gif

Ergo, Mark & I having gone thru the need for a fix on them way back when he was first planning to do them months ago. Knowing Mark, his should be a superior product that still looks right!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
1970 Neun vierzehn
Thank you so very much for doing these early rain trays.

Needless to say, after pestering you for so long about these, I must have one for my '70/4.

Paul
ChrisFoley
3 please.
enf2232
pm sent
Rob-O
Did I read that right? Late ones are already available? Looked on the 914Rubber website but didn't see them.
Mikey914
Late ones are coming online in about a week we are rolling over to make these shortly after. I did bring some 1st pulls down to WCR and gave them away. We are actually looking at a slightly thicker plastic, these were a bit more than we wanted the final product to be, but they were pretty bulletproof.
Rob-O
Nice. I'm in for a late when they're ready.
mangrum
Mark,

I'm in for one for my early 1972.

Thanks,
Mike
plas76targa
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 27 2016, 11:46 PM) *

Got the early rain trays going. These should be of "Garvey " Quality. Only late ones are currently available, now you can get the correct one for your car.
So who's up for one?

piratenanner.gif Add me to the line of folks who want the early rain tray. Please poke.gif me when they arrive.
Kansas 914
Hi Mark,

Thanks - I need one for my early '72.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.