Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Another scam to worry about..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I've read on one of my FI sites, that a group is calling and ordering items from the US and paying with stolen credit cards.

The tip off is that they are asking for large quanties (10+) and that the items are to be shipped to Indonesia.

Damn, I'd love to sell 10 of my bearing kits at once, but not getting payment would piss me off to no end.
boxstr
Yesterday I got an email from Best Buy Fraud dept. Someone had ordered two in car stereos and that the total was $700+. I was supposed to contact the Fraud dept. when I clicked on the hot link, this page was not availble. Well that seems odd. So I called the corporate office in Minnesota this am and they told me it was a scam. Just thought it might be good FYI.
CCLINSCAMLAND
Mark Henry
When I was doing the SDS group buy thing they stopped taking credit cards for the group buys.
Money order or wire only.
campbellcj
It seems to be a pretty common practice these days to refuse credit card orders from Malaysia or Indonesia. CC# fraud is apparently rampant there.
serge914
I am selling computer networking parts on Ebay and sometimes get emails from peoples wanting to bypass Ebay. They usually want big quantities, use a hotmail address and have funny phone numbers.

I never bother to answer them,
drew365
I keep getting e-mail from people wanting to buy parts I listed either here or Pelican about 6 months ago. Wants them shipped out of the country. Right! I'll send the tracking number tomorrow!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.