Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS:drilled 5-bolt rear hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914forme
A set of drilled 5 bolt rear hubs, I don't need these for my project anymore.

$50 shipped in the cont. US of A

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

bdstone914
Interested but what are the marks on the back side around the drilled holes? Looks like gound off welds. What are the hole diameters? Studs vary by brand and I want 5o make sure they are not oversized for Veribus studs.
Thanks
ssuperflyoldguy
Pm sent
914forme
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 29 2016, 09:32 PM) *

Interested but what are the marks on the back side around the drilled holes? Looks like gound off welds. What are the hole diameters? Studs vary by brand and I want 5o make sure they are not oversized for Veribus studs.
Thanks

Tacked on some of the studs, I use a set from CB Performance, and the constant on off for auto-x, I spun one with my impact. I only use the cordless impact to take them off BTW, everything goes on by hand, well with a cordless drill, then torques to spec. Had to drive home on race rubber in the rain.

No fun, so for insurance purposes I tacked them. Never had an issue after that.

CB Performance Studs

Click to view attachment

0.58" = 14.732mm

Did not know you could get larger studs than these, makes sense never looked into it.
914forme
sael pending
bdstone914
QUOTE(914forme @ May 30 2016, 02:16 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 29 2016, 09:32 PM) *

Thanks

Tacked on some of the studs, I use a set from CB Performance, and the constant on off for auto-x, I spun one with my impact. I only use the cordless impact to take them off BTW, everything goes on by hand, well with a cordless drill, then torques to spec. Had to drive home on race rubber in the rain.

No fun, so for insurance purposes I tacked them. Never had an issue after that.

CB Performance Studs

Click to view attachment

0.58" = 14.732mm

Did not know you could get larger studs than these, makes sense never looked into it.

Thanks for the reply. That tells the stud dimension only to + or - .010" not the hole size.
Studs have a slight size variation my manufacturer. Glad I did not get them as it sounds like the holes are slightly oversize allowing a stud to spin.
Good luck to the new owner.
914forme
So what size are the holes supposed to be?

BTW FAT did them back in the day. Doubt they did all of them oversized.
bdstone914
QUOTE(914forme @ May 30 2016, 08:18 AM) *

So what size are the holes supposed to be?

BTW FAT did them back in the day. Doubt they did all of them oversized.

I have used FAT to redrill hubs too. I think they drill them to .562" = 9/16. The stud splines need some material to bite into.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.