Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Continental PureContact
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Thinking I had ok tires, I pulled one off and measured the tread tonight. Need new tires. 3/32" left! Yikes huh.gif

Been through almost all the tire threads here, and yes 15"ers are hard to find.

I've been happy and running 195 60 15 street tires for several years, and after google and world, and looking for availability, came up with this tire in 195 65 15 size. They're running about $100 each.

http://www.continentaltire.com/product/pur...ar=65&rd=15

For street use and fun driving it look like a good fit to my driving.

What is the problem (if any) in going to 65 over 60?

Anyone using this tire now? Thanks for info.

r_towle
Meh snow tire, meh rain tire, meh summer tire.
Overall, never again once I wear them out.

Rich
thelogo
I have em on the rear

They are great tires , mine are old as shit and still hanging in

Front tires are nitto .

Great combination on these cars

But i dont think these are still available so .

Either use the cheapest tire or buy some that are gonna last a hell of a long time, not in between imho

I m gonna look for drag radials but doubt they exist in 15 inch
bandjoey
We don't have snow and the car is in the garage if it rains. No AX. Just out having fun. Tire Rack has 195 65 15 at $84 + shipping. Continental includes 60 day trial and (I think ) 3 years road hazard. 70k mile tire. Rich you probably drive a lot faster than me smile.gif

There is a list of about 12 tires in various threads here but the manufactures of those all rate those as Summer Performance tires.

Still deciding
Chris914n6
Sounds like a summer tire would fit your needs. Won't last as long but will have more grip.

All season tires are for places that actually have all 4 seasons and people have to get to work.
Big Len
Here are more in 195/65-15

http://www.eurotire.com/passenger-car-tire...95|h:65|d:15zz~
somd914
Have no fear of a summer tire, especially where you live. We run summer tires on the 911 and Elise, soon on the Ravenna green 914. Yes, we get them out on occasional winter days with 30-40 degree temps, I won't push them hard, but they are probably as good as most all season tires in those temps.

Keep in mind all season tires are an all-around compromise, and many these days are moving to harder compounds for better fuel mileage and longer wear, which means less overall grip. And I wouldn't run a tire for more than 5-6 years as they get hard with age, so a high mileage tire on an occasionally driven car means replacing tires due to age and not tread wear.
barefoot
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 29 2016, 09:40 PM) *

Thinking I had ok tires, I pulled one off and measured the tread tonight. Need new tires. 3/32" left! Yikes huh.gif

Been through almost all the tire threads here, and yes 15"ers are hard to find.

I've been happy and running 195 60 15 street tires for several years, and after google and world, and looking for availability, came up with this tire in 195 65 15 size. They're running about $100 each.

http://www.continentaltire.com/product/pur...ar=65&rd=15

For street use and fun driving it look like a good fit to my driving.

What is the problem (if any) in going to 65 over 60?

Anyone using this tire now? Thanks for info.

I have them on family sedan (Altima) very good tread wear and good gas mileage, also quiet, will keep using them
Barefoot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.