Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salt Lake City Dinner 4/9
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Eric_Shea
Gint's coming out to pickup the "Tangerine Dream" weather permitting on April 9th.

The group will congregate at Troy's (Mapquest: 1777 E 10600 S, Sandy, UT 84092 ) and help Gint bolt on a few suspension pieces (or just watch... there's probably too many wrenches already). After that we're off to dinner. I'm gonna throw out the "Olive Garden" (Mapquest: 10540 S State St, Sandy, 84070 - (801) 523-6148) unless anyone is totally opposed to that.

Let's get a count going. So far there's:

Eric
Troy
Gint
Mark
Ed
mk114 (need names on those signature lines...) biggrin.gif
Chase
Jim

How about:

Ctrout?
Some of the Vegas contingent?
More CO people?

Anyone else want to make the trek to SLC?

I've got a great idea... we roll that "red" car over on the rotisserie and eat off the floorpan! BBQ time! w00t.gif chowtime.gif
Aaron Cox
im in! if you fly me out.... rolleyes.gif
Eric_Shea
hold on... let me get my wallet. Here it is... finger.gif

w00t.gif lol2.gif w00t.gif laugh.gif w00t.gif

I am a dhead.gif laugh.gif

dry.gif Hmmmmmmmmm looks like smarty-pants Admin-boy has been editing posts again. (guess I deserved that one). laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
Drive out "snookumz". It's only 9 hours from your place. wink.gif
Gint
The weather looks like 30% rain on Saturday mostly all along my route, with highs in the 50's. Sunday looks slightly better than Saturday. So I can deal with that. I made the reservation for the van today, so that's done. I have Friday off to do finish details on the trailer walls, and pick up the van and make sure it's all hitched up and wired properly (don't ask). Most likely I'll leaving at the crack of dawn Saturday morning taking I-80, so that will put me there around 2:30-3:30 (like usual). I'll want to bolt up the suspension, load up the tub, and then put the walls back together and get the whole thing all covered up. So it will take a couple of hours total, maybe 3 at the outside.

Everybody is welcome to join in. Even Mark from I-da-ho. driving-girl.gif

Hell, even Aaron from Corona. biggrin.gif
mk114
I am in for sure maybe have the red bomber driveable that night
gopack
icon_bump.gif
I'm in for sure! I'll be there around 3PM
Eric_Shea
Should we take up a collection for Aaron's airfare? You'll have to bring my windshield from Scotter.
Gint
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 5 2005, 07:51 AM)
Should we take up a collection for Aaron's airfare? You'll have to bring my windshield from Scotter.

I can't help with that one. My money is all going to Troy. What's left is funding the transport home. I'm gonna drop 900 clams easy. Besides, I'll be seeing Aaron the following weekend in San Diego anyway.
Hawktel
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 5 2005, 05:51 AM)
Should we take up a collection for Aaron's airfare?  You'll have to bring my windshield from Scotter.

Ohh lord, can we pay more so he doesn't come out?

biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Apr 5 2005, 08:40 AM)
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 5 2005, 05:51 AM)
Should we take up a collection for Aaron's airfare?  You'll have to bring my windshield from Scotter.

Ohh lord, can we pay more do he doesn't come out?

biggrin.gif

lol2.gif happy11.gif

true...ill see gint in san diego on the 16th.....

windshield? from scottter????
StratPlayer
Yes I would like very much to make it. I'm having some work done on the car now hoping that maybe its finished by saturday. Even if the car isn't finished I would very much like to meet up will all of you.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 4 2005, 06:32 PM)
im in! if you fly me out....  :rolleyes:

Same here.
Hey Mike, I peeked at your car last month. Looks nice. I love tangerine!

Click here to donate via PayPal to the "Fly Curvie to SLC" fund.
Curvie Roadlover
Now a show of hands. Who tried to click on the link? Be honest. lol2.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Curvie Roadlover @ Apr 5 2005, 10:31 AM)

got me..... flipa.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
Scott was supposed to save a windshield for me... maybe pickup at WCC. But... as long as you're flying out you can stick it in the overhead bin on the big brown and orange bus. confused24.gif

Jim's In! smilie_pokal.gif

Who's next?

Tom... me no clickie. I did run the mouse over it however. Wanted to see how much time you wasted setting up a PayPal link. laugh.gif Aaron was ready to give you some dough. beerchug.gif

More snow last night wink.gif
StratPlayer
Eric looks like my car will be ready, I will probably pick it up tomorrow or thursday. So I'll be driving my teener.. smilie_pokal.gif
Eric_Shea
You better not drive it to Troy's. He's got a slot open. You may not see it for another month laugh.gif
brant
I'm Jealous... you guys have fun
Ginter.. drive safe.
I wish I had time to beg for a ride along.

brant
Eric_Shea
Ohhhhh... drop the "I promised to work on my car until it's done" crap and get your @$$ out here drunk.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 5 2005, 01:47 PM)
Tom... me no clickie. I did run the mouse over it however.

That counts! slap.gif
Eric_Shea
Ut Uhhhhhhhhhhh... alfred.gif
StratPlayer
I still have some parts to buy for the new engine, I've got most of the stuff now, need to get cam, lifters, oil pump. Got everthing I need for the tranny. So the paint is gonna have to wait a bit longer. Glad its getting teener weather here. Itchy to get it in an cruise the mountain roads
TROJANMAN
FYI
delta is offering these fairs to SLC this weekend: (roundtrip)

Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Austin, TX (AUS) $158

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Billings, MT (BIL) $108

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Bozeman, MT (BZN) $98

Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Butte, MT (BTM) $108

Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Chicago-Ohare, IL (ORD) $168

Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Denver, CO (DEN) $108

Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Great Falls, MT (GTF) $118

Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Helena, MT (HLN) $118

Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Oakland, CA (OAK) $138

Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Orange County, CA (SNA) $138

Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Phoenix, AZ (PHX) $118

Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Rapid City, SD (RAP) $118
Aaron Cox
shit.... 138 round trip to SLC from OC???

wow!
StratPlayer
Bring your skis,,, tons an tons of snow on the slopes.
Eric_Shea
Those are awesome rates.

Come one come all... Morning 1/2 day at Alta (see photos from Curvie visit in another thread). Alta. The rest of the day we spend putting the suspension on Tangerine. Pig out that night. chowtime.gif

I can get a corporate rate at the Hampton Inn. biggrin.gif
Toast
Maybe I'll tell my mom to show up.
She is in truck driving training through Swift there. driving-girl.gif

Hey Eric,
Don't be silly. It takes 11 hours from Corona to get there! slap.gif I know, I have drove it several times. And its a Looooooooooooooooonnnnnnggggggg drvive by yourself. wacko.gif

Maybe Admin Arron and I can drive up. chairfall.gif screwy.gif
Gawd ........gas alone would bankrupt me! sad.gif

Stratplayer,
I went Skiing in Brighton last April. I cant believe how much snow was there still, although it was kinda slushee. My mom said that she was still getting snow last weekend and it has been raining this week. I heard that Park City got 60 feet just recently! ohmy.gif
I bet the skiing is still great up there! :skiier:
Aaron Cox
hmmmm snowboard trip??? wub.gif

too bad im broke... toasty one.... how much is gas round trip?
Toast
when gas was under $2.00 a gallon (probably before your time... wink.gif ) I would have to fill up 2-3 times one way depending on the car I rented.

I took my 1985 toyota 4x4 up there for Christmas last year (not the most gas efficient vehicle in the world) and I think it cost me $160 round trip. I think gas was about $1.85 a gallon then.

Since gas is now $2.50 a gallon...... mad.gif well, I'll let you figure it out.

I rented a car once that I only had to fill up twice each way and it was only $18 per fill up. mueba.gif Of course, that was when gas was $1.45 and I dont remember what car I rented. sad.gif
Eric_Shea
Don't be silly. It takes 11 hours from Corona to get there!  I know, I have drove it several times. And its a Looooooooooooooooonnnnnnggggggg drvive by yourself.

You're a girl. I'm a boy. You stop to pee. I don't. laugh.gif

I made it to Chino Hills (close to Homo Heaven aka: Corona) in 8 hrs. 43 minutes. Kid you not. Stopped once for gas in St. George. I was discharging fluid while the car was taking fluid. Had a cooler on the seat next to me. Set the cruise at 82. Last time I drove to Chino Hills it was 9 hrs. 18 minutes and that was travelling 35 and 40 mph over snowy mountain passes.
Aaron Cox
eric... how much is shipping this window worth to you? tongue.gif

160 bucks a trip between 2 people
lift tickets?
food?

place to sleep in erics garage lol2.gif

biggrin.gif
Toast
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 5 2005, 01:30 PM)
You're a girl.  I'm a boy.  You stop to pee.  I don't.  :lol:

I made it to Chino Hills (close to Homo Heaven aka: Corona) in 8 hrs. 43 minutes.  Kid you not.

Sad but true.... and I hate it! mad.gif
I did discover that if you substitute gum for water on long trips, you dont have to stop as often. dry.gif

Check this out! I made it from Riverside to Sacramento (usually a 8-9 hour drive) in 5.5 hours!!
I had the cruze control set at 120!!! ohmy.gif

Beat that story! wink.gif

Disclaimer: By the way everyone, its really not safe to drive that fast for long periods of time. unsure.gif screwy.gif

Hey Eric,
It was nice to meet you when you came down here. Next time im in that state, I'll try to meet everone there. beerchug.gif
Toast
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 5 2005, 01:36 PM)
eric... how much is shipping this window worth to you? tongue.gif

160 bucks a trip between 2 people
lift tickets?
food?

place to sleep in erics garage lol2.gif

biggrin.gif

Free lodging is a great thing.

biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
You can crash here... wink.gif
Toast
Me or Aaron?

laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
Great to meet you as well! smilie_pokal.gif Come om up this weekend... everyone will be in one place and... your Mom will be happy to see you biggrin.gif
brant
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 5 2005, 11:52 AM)
Ohhhhh... drop the "I promised to work on my car until it's done" crap and get your @$$ out here drunk.gif

ah.. come on... give me a break.
I missed 2 racing seasons already.
I built up 2 OTHER 914's last year and then wondered why the orange car wasn't making as much progress as I had hoped....

gotta stick to my guns now.

besides the orange car left the jack stands on 4/3/05 for the first time in around two and a half years!!!!

brant
Eric_Shea
Me or Aaron?

Well... duh. Not Aaron! wacko.gif

I was thinking Aaron actually because you probably have a place to stay wink.gif
Toast
Yes she would! grouphug.gif
Dang, almost tempting.
I've done those weekend road trips before, and they are brutal! Espically if I have to go to work on monday! monkeydance.gif
Eric_Shea
gotta stick to my guns now.

PW smash.gif

(Porsche Whipped)

Come on Aaron... get with the toasted one and make it a Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip, Road Trip.

We leave to ski at 8:00 (lifts open at 9:00)
Aaron Cox
twould be fun.....
im a broke ass mofo.... how much are lift tickets?
split gas with toasty one.....
9hrs = brutal drive....

if it were only possible...
Toast
Notice how he says he is a "broke ass mofo" and then asks how much lift tickets are. laugh.gif

Tis possible o chicken one, but I aint driving the truck again. That absolutly sucked! headbang.gif

So........is your teener up for a serious break in Aaron???
(notice that I did not say "break down".........damit, I just jinxed the whole trip. alfred.gif )
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Toast @ Apr 5 2005, 01:56 PM)
Notice how he says he is a "broke ass mofo" and then asks how much lift tickets are.   laugh.gif

It is possible, but I aint driving the truck again.  That absolutly sucked!  :headbang:

(notice that I did not say "break down".........damit, I just jinxed the whole trip.  :alfred:  )

not to SLC.... id need something taller than a 205 50 tire....
i got an old VW passat lol2.gif - with no heat! laugh.gif
Toast
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 5 2005, 01:58 PM)
i got an old VW passat  :lol2: - with no heat!  :lol:

slap.gif

Doooooode.....you cant even go to SLC in JULY without heat!

Come on SLC Boys..........I need some help here! I can't convince Excuse Boy to do a road trip by myself.......
Hawktel
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 5 2005, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (Toast @ Apr 5 2005, 01:56 PM)
Notice how he says he is a "broke ass mofo" and then asks how much lift tickets are.   laugh.gif

It is possible, but I aint driving the truck again.  That absolutly sucked!  :headbang:

(notice that I did not say "break down".........damit, I just jinxed the whole trip.  :alfred:  )

not to SLC.... id need something taller than a 205 50 tire....
i got an old VW passat lol2.gif - with no heat! laugh.gif

Drive the VW in 4th all the way with it wound up to 5K and I bet you don't need any heat.
Eric_Shea
In July it's 105 deg. here. beerchug.gif

Come on wuss-boy. You afraid to ride with Toast? driving-girl.gif

Why don't you go work your corner in Corona? Couple of those "Village People" types and you've got your gas money... couple more and you've got yourself a lift ticket. Wash yourself off and get on the road. laugh.gif

(I'a gonna catch admin-boy hell for this one...) w00t.gif
Aaron Cox
no hell to catch....

its ths dough....
i would be flat broke after thos trip....maybe even negative.....

=would be soo much fun....
get me the lift ticket prices .... and menu for dinner....

those are what dictate my availability biggrin.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Curvie Roadlover @ Apr 5 2005, 11:31 AM)

Me! LOL laugh.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Toast @ Apr 5 2005, 02:10 PM)
Maybe I'll tell my mom to show up.
She is in truck driving training through Swift there.  :driving-girl:

Hey Eric,
Don't be silly.  It takes 11 hours from Corona to get there!   slap.gif   I know, I have drove it several times.  And its a Looooooooooooooooonnnnnnggggggg drvive by yourself.  :wacko:

Oh please! I do that on a whim. Come on out Toast! And bring A-boy with ya.

Come on Aaron, stop being a p..... wuss. Get one more person with a comfy ride and it gets real cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.