Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914: **164** MPH around a corner...check!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cracker
Road Atlanta PCA DE with John (Wndsufr) and Larry (Spaceshuttle) (nice hanging out with you gentlemen)! Mad respect for you two campaigning the teeners!

Lock-up at 160 mph...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x4hRTzKFXw

Second fastest lap around Road Atlanta, ever...at least on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LercuZY8bXI

Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
beer.gif
Awesome.
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
Johny Blackstain
thumb3d.gif
sb914
You are nuts!
And out on some protective wear!
spaceshuttle
QUOTE(Reverend Troublemaker @ May 30 2016, 09:06 AM) *

Balls : Check!

John (Wndsufr) and Larry (Spaceshuttle) - nice hanging out with you gentlemen! Mad respect for campaigning the teeners!

See y'all in the fall. Crazy fun. shades.gif
Cairo94507
I just love that car. Congratulations. smilie_pokal.gif
wndsnd
Well done. Fantastic ride!

jmitro
wow, very nice!
the car looks very nicely done as well. massive aero tuning to keep the car stable at those speeds beerchug.gif
Mueller
Holy moly!

Awesome....
raynekat
Twenty years ago when I was Porsche club racing my 73 RS clone, the back straight didn't have that little chicane at the bottom of the hill where the poster locked it up.

I think I got my car up to 145mph at the same place where the poster shows he is going 164. That is crazy nuts fast. I seem to remember even at 145mph, I had "sewing machine" leg for the 1st couple of laps. Could barely keep my foot in it I was so freaked out. Road Atlanta like Road America is a big man's track. Not for the faint of heart.

Well done and keep safe.
Cracker
Thank you fella's...that old dip you speak of was legendary and was called the "gravity cavity" - it was gone by the time I showed up. Based upon what my old racer friends tell me...my car would probably be near max gear if it were there - 175-180. Lots of nasty, nasty accidents at and through the bridge (T11). They wanted to slow the cars down and a 90-degree turn at the bottom of the hill does just that.

The fastest cup cars can get to the high-150's - they're just wicked quick through the turns, have amazing TC, and have brakes to die for - not a fair comparison or fight, even for my car.

There was ONE car that was faster than mine this weekend (lap times) but only when the pro-driver was at the wheel. He was 1.5-2.0 seconds a lap faster than me. He was very quick. He was sorting the car for the club racer owner. I was faster than the other three Cup cars though...ABS would be amazing but would also defeat the purpose of building a version of the ultimate "drivers" car. It's like dancing on ice...on the edge.

Thanks again! Enjoy.

BTW: I may be a little off kilter but remember RA is my HOME track and I know it very well. Also, my prototype really helped me overcome/driving through being uncomfortable. I honestly don't know how else you'd get there/past that in a sedan/door slammer. That experience translates back to cars - with that said, I have a long way to go with this 914 (from the drivers point). Seat time is everything!

Tony

QUOTE(raynekat @ May 30 2016, 06:19 PM) *

Twenty years ago when I was Porsche club racing my 73 RS clone, the back straight didn't have that little chicane at the bottom of the hill where the poster locked it up.

I think I got my car up to 145mph at the same place where the poster shows he is going 164. That is crazy nuts fast. I seem to remember even at 145mph, I had "sewing machine" leg for the 1st couple of laps. Could barely keep my foot in it I was so freaked out. Road Atlanta like Road America is a big man's track. Not for the faint of heart.

Well done and keep safe.
wndsrfr
Tony, yeah, I got one of those big bugs on my windshield too, but at only 133mph on the laps that I could keep my foot planted into it over the crest of the hill....Yikes!
Great post & thanks for the photo.....really enjoyed that one session where I watched you disappear down the back straight--at least you didn't lap me! (Because I pitted early, saying to myself...."Not gonna let Tony lap me" <;o) Managed to get into the 1:46's with my humble rig by getting my eyes up through the esses & through turn 12, great session.
Cracker
John - It was a pleasure seeing you again Sir...my wife told me you stopped by while I was gone Sunday - sorry I missed your departure. That is solid improvement over your previous times...good for you. RA will bite you in the arse - its better to take it slowly.

PS: I might join T. O'Toole (SixAddict) next week at Roebling Road - come join us...

Tony

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ May 30 2016, 08:22 PM) *

...at least you didn't lap me! (Because I pitted early, saying to myself...."Not gonna let Tony lap me" <;o)
1stworks
Super sweet!
Thanks for sharing.
poorsche914
I've blown thru Turn 10 many times...

oh, wait...

that was in Forza on the Xbox rolleyes.gif

driving.gif
spaceshuttle
QUOTE(Reverend Troublemaker @ May 30 2016, 09:06 AM) *

Balls : Check!

John (Wndsufr) and Larry (Spaceshuttle) - nice hanging out with you gentlemen! Mad respect for campaigning the teeners!

Lock-up at 160 mph...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x4hRTzKFXw

Second fastest lap around Road Atlanta, ever...at least on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LercuZY8bXI

Click to view attachment

No data, but confident I was around 145 down through there after I got my tire rub figured out. Blew right past a 996 TT
Cracker
At least...

QUOTE(spaceshuttle @ May 30 2016, 10:28 PM) *

No data, but confident I was around 145 down through there after I got my tire rub figured out. Blew right past a 996 TT

pete000
That is a seriously fast 914 !
Cracker
You've done it just the same...LOL!

T

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 30 2016, 09:25 PM) *

I've blown thru Turn 10 many times...

oh, wait...

that was in Forza on the Xbox rolleyes.gif

driving.gif

JoeD
Tony,

Those were some seriously HOT laps!!! Sorry we missed it... but can't wait to get out and see you (and maybe the other guys...?) run Road Atlanta some time down the road.

JD
Brian Mifsud
Wow.. congrads.. and that V8 sounds incredible....
914Sixer
Whoa, that makes you get excited. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.