Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rust free floor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Front yard mechanic
Finished removing the rusty spot on my floor!
SirAndy
I've seen this kind of rust free floor many times ...
unsure.gif
robby750
Looks like you got it all!
r_towle
Perfect
LowBridge
I'd say you got it all but we know better sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
KELTY360
Yubba dubba do!
2mAn
QUOTE(LowBridge @ May 31 2016, 11:31 AM) *

I'd say you got it all but we know better sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

lol-2.gif
bretth
Just cut out the rust hole and the problem is gone (Three Stooges logic). Seeing the entire floor missing makes me OCD that the car frame might go the slightest millimeter out of alignment.

Brett
mgp4591
Looks like the floor in my car at the moment (no, really??) and the doors close like a new Porsche. May your fortunes go the same way!
whitetwinturbo
...........well, that's a HELL hole if I ever saw one blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
wes
That's one way to lighten the car!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 31 2016, 11:48 AM) *

Yubba dubba do!

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

Wilma... I'm home!
Gunn1
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ May 31 2016, 12:57 PM) *

Finished removing the rusty spot on my floor!

Looks good...but you missed a spot
Duane 914
That is an awesome job and a great inspiration! I need to replace my two front floor pans but I am considering just doing it all (fronts and rears). If I am diving into the front replacements, is it easier just to do it all at once?
Also, would you recommend getting the complete right and left sections (front and rear) as one piece rather that quarters? Who has the "best" kits to buy?
Thanks!
mgp4591
QUOTE(Duane 914 @ Jun 1 2016, 08:29 PM) *

That is an awesome job and a great inspiration! I need to replace my two front floor pans but I am considering just doing it all (fronts and rears). If I am diving into the front replacements, is it easier just to do it all at once?
Also, would you recommend getting the complete right and left sections (front and rear) as one piece rather that quarters? Who has the "best" kits to buy?
Thanks!

Restoration Design has the kit for the front and rear that's very complete. Look to them for lots of sheetmetal parts. Look under the 914 kits, not so much the individual pieces - it's less expensive and is more complete.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.