Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay area peeps....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blk'72
fOR A FUN SUNDAY NIGHT HELPING ON MY '72 ?
iTS SEATING AT THE IN-LAWS..... ON JACKS....i TOOK OF THE RIGHT HEAT EXCHANGERS TO FIND OUT THAT THE THREADS OF THE BOLTS GOING INTO THE HEADS ARE SHOT!!!! ar15.gif
SooOoooo....I just bought some of the stuff I think I need, and I just need to learn how to fix it....Don't know yet confused24.gif
I also need to do a compression check and maybe work on the suspension ---tie rods a long as the car is up welder.gif

Anyways, Its always nice to meet up neww people, Paul if you read this and you are in Norcal....hit me up....
Free beer and fun times......??? idea.gif
Let me know guys......925.989.7345
Reno
Mueller
I drive thru Pleasanton everyday MDB2.gif ....I think everyone is too busy trying to get their own cars ready for the WCC smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smile.gif

hopefully someone that can help will chime in....
SirAndy
i'll drive out if you can get a couple of guys together ...

do you have tools?
idea.gif Andy
blk'72
Hey whats up SiraAndy....
It would be cool to actually meet... beer.gif
I have very cheap and old $29.99 tools on sale from Kragen's...I have a tap kit....and some other stuff...neighboor has some tools, some craftsman that he let me borrow...
Sounds like a good plan to me... this is at my in-laws garage in pleasanton, sooooo I dunno how happy they will be with 10 guys showing up.....but why not....?
Paul?
anyways....I'm still clueless when it comes to 914's...and mine has a sell sign on it headbang.gif , coz of the girlfriend.....says its not reliable blink.gif ......Sooo i am really trying to fix it up and get it runing nice....I just received my new racing steering wheel...bought new plugs, and I'm ready to get this baby running right!
Where can I rent a compression tester?
It would be cool if some guys could make it.
Thanks for the help guys...
Reno
SGB
QQQQQQUICK! SOMEBODY HELP THIS GUY BEFORE HIS GIRL MAKES HIM SELL THAT CAR!!!
Mueller
QUOTE (SGB @ Apr 4 2005, 08:04 PM)
QQQQQQUICK! SOMEBODY HELP THIS GUY BEFORE HIS GIRL MAKES HIM SELL THAT CAR!!!

here you go:

Find a girlfriend that "understands" the addiction smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 4 2005, 07:12 PM)
Find a girlfriend that "understands" the addiction smile.gif

laugh.gif
blk'72
EHHEH laugh.gif

Well....you guys know how it is....
Shes worried about my "safety" rolleyes.gif
....anywyas....like said above I NEED HELP!!! pray.gif
monkei
dont know how old the post is? or how long ago you may have sold your car now sad.gif but i am also in the 914 learning process. electrical gremlins, rustoration, trying to figure out how to make a 40 year old volkswagen motor with oldschool FI run perfect. i still need to do a valve adjustment and intake runner/throttle body seals, but other than that the tuneup is done excluding things like draining/filling the trans. right now i have to find a short that causes magic smoke to appear near my alternator when the battery is connected.

anyways the point of this post is to say that i also live in pleasanton, also have a girlfriend that doesnt understand (though she accepts), and might be of some help with your ride (or i should be able to point you in the right direction). pm or email me (monkei@juno.com) if you want to meet or something. i actually have a garage (too full of crap to do work in right now) and a huge amount of unorganized tools.
Mueller
QUOTE(monkei @ Jun 23 2006, 12:13 AM) *

dont know how old the post is? or how long ago you may have sold your car now sad.gif

gee I hope your dad does not see this thread and start to think all that schooling is going to waste smile.gif

Posted Apr 4 2005, 07:10 PM

you are only 1 year and a few months off smile.gif

I'm a little disappointed in you, you've got that awesome machine shop at your disposal and you keep posting about buying stuff, when are going to make some trick stuff for your car ???

monkei
little busy to be designing 914 parts with the whole 40hrs of work and 4 classes a week thing....

any free time has been going into scraping the crap off the floors for the great wirebrushing cermony and selling stuff i dont need for the project.

my plan is to put fabrication skills into the car at a later stage, when i have a bit more experience, long after rust is completely taken care of. like when i design/build a tube frame chassis for it. i really want to make this a 200mph+ car. and ill gut it as far as i have to. i just want to take it slow and do it right. after the rust i start researching chassis reinforcement. before that though, id like to get my car on a rig and measure/stretch/straighten everything before i start laying welds.

as far as the machine shop at my disposal; i dunno. you need something made? i've been trained and can run the 3 axis mill (Mazak) pretty well. I could also run some stuff on the bridgeport or the manual lathe (we have a nice one now). I taking machining this summer, plan to bee doing a lot of grinding/heat treating/carburizing etc.

when it comes to a lot of things, often times its much easier to buy it than make it. id much rather
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.