Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCORE!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
rolleyes.gif yesterday.
Picked up for nada. its one BIG bad boy.
914werke
and
914werke
Now I have to find someone who can wire it into my panel rolleyes.gif
TheCabinetmaker
2 stage compressor? Good score. The 3 phase converters are kinda high dollar by themselves.
Mueller
damn....and it came with the rotary converter????

good catch !!!!!
914werke
Im pretty pleased. now I can bring my blast cabinet home and git busy! beerchug.gif
mk114
if you contact you local electrical shop they might have a single ~ motor cheap to put on
scotty914
i can talk you through wiring it if you want just pm me with a number
914werke
scott your on PM sent wink.gif
Korijo
did'ya say blast cabinet? wink.gif

how much beer for.... happy11.gif
rhaas
You could sell the rotary converter for more money than a new single phase motor would cost you, that would make it more efficient in your single phase house.
Root_Werks
QUOTE (rhaas @ Apr 5 2005, 04:38 AM)
You could sell the rotary converter for more money than a new single phase motor would cost you, that would make it more efficient in your single phase house.

agree.gif But why waist your time with all of that Rich. Besides, that whole set probably wouldn't look good in your garage anyway. You should just give it to me. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
scruz914
That is a score! I have been keeping my eyes out for something like that to hook up to my blaster too. Nice.
scotty914
guys, i am sorry but i burst his bubble last night. i talked to him about what he needs to do to hook it up and it draws 100 amps at single phase, and he only has a 100 amp panel in his house. so to make a long story short his free be might cost him between 700 and 2 grand to get completely hooked up.

i think that compressor is a lot bigger than it looks in the pictures he posted
SLITS
Ah man, just climb up the nearest pole and tie in biggrin.gif

The 'lectricty company will never suspect until the lights in town dim.
914werke
Scott thanks for the advice, perhaps we'll talk a little more at the WCC about that plane ticket wink.gif
TravisNeff
With a monster like that you'd want to keep it phase 3, electricity will be cheaper to run it (If I understand that right)
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Apr 5 2005, 08:28 AM)
With a monster like that you'd want to keep it phase 3, electricity will be cheaper to run it (If I understand that right)

Didn't think houses had 3 phase. But 220 VAC should work if you can get a breaker wired up.

BTW my house is rigged for 300 amp service. biggrin.gif I already got a big ass compressor that I need to wrassle to the work shop. 40 gallon upright two piston pump with a motor that puls 30 amps. Snad blast cabinet...... yea that's a good idea idea.gif
TravisNeff
Houses generally don't have phase 3 service, but you CAN get the service. big bux though I am sure, but if you have a serious shop.... Just like when you first started out and 110v wasn't enough
914werke
Well whaddaya know... I chked my panel tonight just on a lark and I was Wrong! It is a 200 amp panel (if Im reading this right) its a "Challenger SB-20 200Amp indoor Type 1" panel smilie_pokal.gif
914werke
Scott is this the correct cable?
914werke
another
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.