Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto Atlanta seat cover install video or tutorial or instructions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Helping a fellow teener with his project, I brought the seats and new covers home.

No instructions in the box!

Order of operation?

What to do with old covers?

The covers look nice so far.
Amphicar770
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 2 2016, 10:31 AM) *

Helping a fellow teener with his project, I brought the seats and new covers home.

No instructions in the box!

Order of operation?

What to do with old covers?

The covers look nice so far.

I have done covers on other cars and they came out decent. That said, I have also found that most auto upholstery shops will do this cheap, especially if you remove the seats, and the results look so much more polished. They will replace any old horse hair or crumbling foam with proper material, everything will be lined up perfectly, etc. I think I paid just over $100 for a bench seat and that included new foam.

Just seems like one of those jobs (like rebuilding carbs) where unless you do it all the time, the results will be much better by having the work done professionally.
Andyrew
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=260720&hl=

Couple of nice threads in there.
Mueller
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 2 2016, 09:29 AM) *

Thanks, lots of great info there.
rhodyguy
Hardest part is getting the old vinyl off without breaking the upholsterers points on the seat shell. They're somewhat delicate with age.
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 2 2016, 01:51 PM) *

Hardest part is getting the old vinyl off without breaking the upholsterers points on the seat shell. They're somewhat delicate with age.

Razor knife
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.