Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0L complete **pulling and assessing this week**
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Tbone425
Read the thread...price won't change, only my level of comfort in taking somebody's money. Also, pulled tranny from sale.. Likely I will be needing it and I sold the others already. *74 GA code motor**now for sale*** complete 2.0L take out including FI and ECU, car was running fine until it started to bend in half and was parked a few years ago. Somebody said I should part the motor but I don't have a ton of interest in selling more bits and pieces than I already have....this will be 3 1/2 cars and a half a garage full of stuff I have bought in 2 months to get the stuff I need.

....time to start my project!!!

Lets say $1100. Buyer pays shipping and PP. I will palet, and deliver to shipper if needed.
ssuperflyoldguy
I'd maybe pay $500 or so - depends if we could get it bench running etc
JamesM
QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Jun 2 2016, 01:13 PM) *

People pay a good deal more than that for running 2.0s with complete injection.

I would say 1k-2k if not slightly more depending on condition. Last turnkey 2.0 I picked up cost me $1500, I know people that sell them for more.
bdstone914
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 2 2016, 03:55 PM) *

I would say 1k-2k if not slightly more depending on condition. Last turnkey 2.0 I picked up cost me $1500, I know people that sell them for more.

agree.gif
But the running when parked is a big question mark as to the condition now. What year is it? 73-74 is more desireable.
A buyer will pay more for a known condition engine. Do a compression check. If it is bad adjust the valves and check again. I have seen engines that sat get rusted piston rings. Pictures help too to see what is there or not there.
Tbone425
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 2 2016, 04:43 PM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 2 2016, 03:55 PM) *

agree.gif
But the running when parked is a big question mark as to the condition now. What year is it? 73-74 is more desireable.
A buyer will pay more for a known condition engine. Do a compression check. If it is bad adjust the valves and check again. I have seen engines that sat get rusted piston rings. Pictures help too to see what is there or not there.

I just spent the day with the guy who I got everything from. Pulled the tank drained all the lines. Before it started to fold he said it was dialed in perfect. Might check comp tonight. He said he would come over help me wake it up. miggt also take it over to StutSW and have them go over it.

Looking more and more like I'm going to keep this one, which means I will have a 2.0L long block or parts coming available this week. The LB was bored but one of the cans was not seated right, it's toast. Had planned on rebuilding that one but this plug and play is looking pretty nice. :-)
Tbone425
QUOTE(Tbone425 @ Jun 2 2016, 09:18 AM) *

**Price check*** what would be a reasonable price for a complete 2.0L take out including FI and ECU, car was running fine until it started to bend in half and was parked a few years ago. Somebody said I should part the motor but I don't have a ton of interest in selling more bits and pieces than I already have....this will be 3 1/2 cars and a half a garage full of stuff I have bought in 2 months to get the stuff I need.

....time to start my project!!!

Thanks all....and stay tuned the last of the stuff should show up on here in the next few days. I'll be reaching out to those of you who needed things I didn't have or had sold. You get first rights.

GA motor
Tbone425
Now for sale....
Tbone425
I told another member I would take $1100 for the pair....told him it was for sale until I get a yes. (Well a couple hours is fair I would think).
flmont
where is this engine located..
Tbone425
Phoenix
jdm914
Is the 2.0 engine and side shift transmission still available for $1300.00 plus shipping?
ssuperflyoldguy
Just sent a PM (or 2...)
Tbone425
I'm going to pull the motor this week and make a better assessment of it with compression test and scoping in the barrels. I wouldn't want to sell somebody something I wouldn't be happy to receive. I'm keeping a list of those interested in the order they replied. And Tranny is staying with me. Sold the other and might have an immediate need.. :-(

I'm keeping a list in order recieved.
cbcollie
Interested. Put me on the list.
BeemerSteve
I'd be interested as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.