Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torsion size- '74 911RS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JohnM
I have '74 911RS front suspension in my car and was wondering if anyone knows what the OE torsion bar size is on that? Thanks, John
Aaron Cox
RS suspension?

did you see the RS it came off of? what brakes does it have?
that would be really rare john...
JohnM
Aaron-- did not see the RS it came off of. This was info from PO. Has S calipers on vented rotors. Would the spindle height be different on a 74 911RS? I could probably confirm the actuallity of what it is with that info.
Aaron Cox
im guessing its off an RS clone....

when i hopped in your car on the ortega run...felt like 19mm T bars....

BTW - hope you didnt pay tooo much for so called 'rs suspension'
JohnM
It may be a standard 74 911 front suspension-- would that be 19mm T-bars as OE for that year? I just would like to know what my set up is without tearing it down. If I pull the t-bar cap off would the t-bar have a number stamped on the end like the sway bar does?
Jeroen
19mm t-bars were used in ALL 911 front suspensions
AFAIK the RS had stock front suspension except for the alu S calipers
Eric_Shea
19mm up front and 24mm in the rear. There will be no number. You could simply slide it out far enough to put a 19mm wrench over it to verify.

For the most part, a 74 RS suspension would be the same as an S suspension of that year. They should have Bilstein (green) struts with S-Calipers (aluminum). The spindles should be standard. I believe the 18mm raised spindles were an option on some 73 cars to homogulate the RSR for racing. I'm guessing that in 74 that was gone.

I use stock t-bars on my RS clone with 930 sway-bars up front (1976 only) and in the rear. I also added the 930 rear torsion bars (26mm) because I upgraded to a 3.0 engine with similar power. The 26mm bars should help eliminate throttle squat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.