Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inline Fuel Pressure Gauge Install....Cheap!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jason74914
So, I've been tracking down some fuel delivery issues and got tired of hooking and unhooking the fuel pressure meter. I found a great, and inexpensive solution that works great that I thought I'd share.

I installed an inline fuel pressure gauge from JEGS. It is small, 1.5" face, and they come in any color and range that you can imagine. Liquid filled for vibration. Only $20. I chose black face with range of 0-60 psi. Link below.

JEGS did not have a fitting that would fit the 7mm fuel line (I actually use 3/8 or 7.9mm FI line just fine.) So, sourced one from Summit Racing with 5/16 nipples...which is 7.9mm.
$6. Link below.

I installed new high pressure line from front injector rail to cold start valve, and put the inline gauge in-between, closer to the fuel rail. See pic.
It works great! I can now easily monitor the fuel pressure from the engine bay, at any time. Makes troubleshooting fuel delivery issues easier....now on to the other problems.

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performance-Pro...ge=90&pno=1

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1713cl

Click to view attachment
Mueller
Nice, I'd add a tire wrap to it and the hose next to it so it does not swing back and forth while in motion.
ndfrigi
nice I've been looking at the jegs water filled gauge too. Sir, just noticed your spark plug wire, i think you need to replace that cracking wire plug.
pete000
I have a similar set up, hard thing is to read it while driving !

I want to know my pressures under load conditions. I am going to mount a camera and record it while driving.
Jason74914
The gauge itself is so light and the fuel line it is mounted on is so stout, it is not going to go anywhere!
Good eye on the spark plug wire....this pic was take before I replaced the wires yesterday!
jim_hoyland
Best fault finder I ever used; when car stops running, one look at the FP gauge helps a lot. In my L-Jet; a fuel pump failure results in a zero reading on the gauge' whereas, merely stopping a running motor leaves a reading on the gauge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.