Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 engine SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
westtexass2k
I just purchased a 74 model with 2.0 motor. The car had been sitting for 12 years since last driven. I purchased the car and drug it home. I installed new fuel pump sucked all the old gas out and flushed the lines. Cranked it over a few seconds and it fired right up. No noticable smoke from the exhaust but it has several exhaust leaks and a bad drivers side heat exchanger. They are rusted but sounds like a broken tube in the manifold. Drove it around a few miles. The fuel iinjection had been removed at some point. It looks like its in a box in the trunk. The car currently has a dueal carb set up. I am doing an engine swap and wont be needing this engine. I will be retaining the clutch so it will b be complete engine. It does have a few oil leaks of course. Im asking 750.00 plus shipping im in Texas. Then engine is still in the car. I can send you a video of it running. 325-65o7049

Ok a little confusion on this engine. I has 2.0 head for sure with 3 bolt intake manifolds and angled plugs. It has dual single barrel webers NOT IDF or DeLL. But the engine block is marked with W4 on top. According to the info I have found the W is a 1.7 so since I don't know the history on the car I am not sure whats been done. All I know it starts and runs pretty good. I have not cleaned the carbs or checked timing or anything but it starts good. revs up well and doesn't smoke. Car is definitely a 74 checked the vin and they only came with 1.8 and 2.0 engines. The lady I purchased it from says that the engine hasn't left the car the 15 years she owned it and the previous owner never mentioned that engine has been changed.
westtexass2k
Ran compression Check and cyl 1 and 3 were 118 2and 4 are 120 this was done with engine pulled and was cold engine carbs open and closed didn't change the numbers.
Open to offers. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
bdstone914
Look else where for the engine number. It probably is a 2.0. Either near the oil filler neck or the back of the case on top. Nice dead bug picture.
jmitro
Where in Texas?
westtexass2k
Ok found the correct engine number by the oil filler. Looking at the wrong end of the block. It is a GA code 2.0 engine. I'm in San Angelo Tx
cbcollie
QUOTE(westtexass2k @ Jun 2 2016, 09:11 PM) *

The fuel iinjection had been removed at some point. It looks like its in a box in the trunk.

So, are you sending the FI with it?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.