Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LED for Instrument Lights, Headlights, External Marker
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
rothaus
Now Since I now owner of a 914, I thought it would be OK to post here about the LED's I'm selling for the gauge illumination for the 914 and 911 which use the BA7s bulbs.

These are direct replacement and no modification of disassembly of the gauges in needed, just plug and play.

The LED's replace these bulbs
IPB Image

And the LED's look like this
IPB Image

Here is the picture of the 914 dash with the LED's
IPB Image

Here is the Console with the LED's installed.
IPB Image

The LED's are available as set or can be ordered individual.

My website is Carmagic.us

I have also the DOT approved LED's for the 7" headlight available.

Here is a picture of them installed in a 944.
IPB Image

H4 light
IPB Image

LED light
IPB Image

Please let me know any questions and comments.

Thanks
Engelbert
Carmagic.us
rothaus
I have now a complete external LED set for the 911, that includes the following:

Front:
2 each Side Marker LED's
2 each Side Marker/Turn Signal LED's
Rear:
2 each Rear Brake/Tail light LED's
2 each Back up light LED
2 each Turning Signal LED's
2 each Side Marker LED's
1 Flasher Relay for LED Turning Signal
2 LED's for Turning Signal Indicator in Tach Green
1 Wire with connector for Indicator
1 Installation Instruction

See picture below.
IPB Image

See them here External LED

I' working now on a set for the 914.

Individual LED's are available now for the Backup Light (White) Brake/Tail light (RED), Side Marker (RED or Yellow depending on the lens.

Thanks
Engelbert

rothaus
The external LED's can now be ordered as pairs for the Backup Light (White) Brake/Tail light (RED), Side Marker (RED or Yellow depending on the lens.

I also have now the set for the 914 completed, including the correct flasher relay and wire setup so the indicator light in the Tach works correct. Easy to install, and instruction is included.

These sets can now be ordered from my website Carmagic.us

The price is the same as for the 911.

Cheers
Engelbert
rothaus
Here a picture with the Euro lenses and the LED's installed.

IPB Image

Cheers
Engelbert
amfab
Hi Engelbert, I would like to order the Dash LEDs for my 914 in vintage white. Can you tell me if these will dim in the same way as the original incandescent lights?
rothaus
QUOTE(amfab @ Aug 12 2016, 09:56 PM) *

Hi Engelbert, I would like to order the Dash LEDs for my 914 in vintage white. Can you tell me if these will dim in the same way as the original incandescent lights?

The LED's do dim, however, it depends on your switch. some time when they get old they don't dim that good.

Here is a video a customer sent me after he installed the LED's in his 914.

914 LED Dashlights

Cheers
Engelbert
matthepcat
Do the LED turn signals require a load resistor? (To avoid rapid or no blinking)

Do 914's need a new relay for those headlights?
rothaus
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 4 2016, 03:41 AM) *

Do the LED turn signals require a load resistor? (To avoid rapid or no blinking)

Do 914's need a new relay for those headlights?

The turning signal kit includes a new relay which works with the LED's and also a wire kit which is just plug and play.

The headlight LED's don't need a relay, since they use less power then the sealed beam or H4.

Cheers
Engelbert

matthepcat
Thanks! Now that it's getting darker earlier, I am thinking about upgrading my lights for winter. I like the convenience of your packages (rather than ordering a bunch of bulbs and resistors from the big LED sites and hoping I ordered correctly)
amfab
Thanks Engelbert,

The gage lights are a big improvement and dim the way I expected them to with no other modifications.

-Andrew
rgolia
Just ordered a set. Looking forward to seeing the gauges at night. beerchug.gif
rothaus
Check out these T-shirts.

IPB Image

View them on Facebook
Coondog
Placed my order.....everything but Fogs will be led..... smile.gif
Korijo914
Hey engelbert,

How much will it cost me to switch the yellow side marker LED's to the bright whites for my euro turn signals ?

I am not using the side markers. I am going to buy a complete 914 set, but I want to switch the yellow, side marker LED's to the bright whites LED'S .

Thanks for your time, engelbert !

David ( korijo 914 ) Cawdrey
Korijo914
Oh, I may want to buy extra sets of the 2 bright whites LED'S. How much will they cost for a set of 2 pair of bright whites LED'S. I may need a few sets of the bright whites, maybe like 6 sets. I will have to count how many pairs I will need for the turn signal buckets I have.
rothaus
QUOTE(Korijo914 @ Oct 24 2016, 07:41 PM) *

Oh, I may want to buy extra sets of the 2 bright whites LED'S. How much will they cost for a set of 2 pair of bright whites LED'S. I may need a few sets of the bright whites, maybe like 6 sets. I will have to count how many pairs I will need for the turn signal buckets I have.

David, bright white or yellow for the turning signal are the same price, you can order the bright white separate. Just scroll down http://carmagic.us/External.html Or let me know what and how many you need and we can put together a set.

Thanks
Engelbert
Coondog
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 23 2016, 04:04 PM) *

5 minute install........super happy.
rothaus
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 25 2016, 07:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 23 2016, 04:04 PM) *

5 minute install........super happy.

If you Happy, I'm Happy.

Thanks for the Feedback
Engelbert
rothaus
I took some pictures last night while I had the 911SC out for a drive.

Here with Low Beams

IPB Image

Here with High Beams

IPB Image

Cheers
Engelbert
rothaus
I thought you may like my little video I made about the LED's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSka8cpew6Q

Cheers
Engelbert
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.