Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Loser_Cruiser
Hello I just got a 1976 2.0 and it has the (in my opion) ugly black ruber bumpers. I was wondering if the chrome bumpers will fit with out changing anyhting.
Thanks
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (Loser_Cruiser @ Apr 5 2005, 04:31 AM)
Hello I just got a 1976 2.0 and it has the (in my opion) ugly black ruber bumpers. I was wondering if the chrome bumpers will fit with out changing anyhting.
Thanks

ohmy.gif
xsboost90
ohmy.gif what are you implying! ohmy.gif

i believe if the brakets for the rubber bumpers are cut off, and new brakets installed for the solid mount chrome bumpers, they will bolt right on.
Curvie Roadlover
Chrome bumpers barf.gif

lol2.gif
Dave_Darling
You can unbolt the brackets for the RBBBs (Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers). You will also have to cut off the lips on the side that hold the rubber bumper cover to the body of the car. The front lip of the channel that holds the front of the front trunk seal is larger on the late cars, also to hold the edge of the rubber bumper cover. You'll have to cut that down or grind it off or deal with it somehow.

You'll need to drill four mounting holes for each bumper. Happily, the reinforcements for the early mounting points are still there, and will show you where to drill.

Remember to paint all the bare metal you create with this cutting and drilling, or you'll be inviting rust along.

When you do all that, the early bumpers (chrome, black, or body-colored) should bolt right up.

--DD
Chris H.
QUOTE (Loser_Cruiser @ Apr 5 2005, 03:31 AM)
Thanks

WHAT!? Can you believe this guys!? He wants to TAKE OFF the fat black bumpers and put those stupid CHROME ones on there!!! lol2.gif

Ah just kidding. Dave D has you pretty well covered on the switchover. Lots of people backdate them.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.