Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Where should I look for a Westy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
Where is the best place to look for a Westy for good $$$.....I was thinking CA actually, but I wanted to make sure it was in the same places as good-dollar 914s......anybody got one fer sale?
jasons
www.thesamba.com

In the classified section.
scruz914
QUOTE (jasons @ Apr 5 2005, 05:29 AM)
www.thesamba.com

In the classified section.

agree.gif

Yep. The Samba is a great starting place. If you don't already know exactly what you are looking for, i.e. split vs. bay, westy vs. riviera, etc., check out the forums. Even if you do know what you want check out the forums. You will learn something. There are other resources in addition to The Samba that you should keep an eye on: Craig's List, EBAY, local auto traders, plus word of mouth. Good Luck.
Rhodes71/914
It will be like looking for a 914, it will take time and patience and to get a decent one you will pay a premium price.

I'll put my .02 in a say that you don't need the stove and fridge they take up a lot of room and a coleman and cooler work just as good. The added room is where it's at. I had one and I took all that stuff out before a long Alaska to the Southwest and back trip, it was the way to go. I think they even made some like this - pop top, fold out bed, fold out table. Damn I miss my '74.

Good luck!
Joe Bob
Yeah Samba...

You like going slow, huh?
scotty914
go sign up for the suby vanagon yahoo page those guys are like up, they sell there prodject all the time.
Joe Bob
There's a local guy here in town that does Subaru upgrades and is a van nut.

H&R Motors
805-965-6757
Ask for Seth, nice guy
bd1308
thanks guys....I dont know whether or not I want to stick with T-IV or go with a suby conversion.....my lungs are full of oil smoke residue though, so that migth factor in....but I love the westy...i wanted one as my first car but my mom said no....she didn't want me to turn out the way i turned out anyway laugh.gif no joke, i saw one...fully restored for $3K....it was so awesome.... smile.gif
Joe Bob
Were "deadhead" stickers on Westy's a factory option?
TROJANMAN
i saw quite a few on autotrader.com recently. not sure why i was looking at them, but there they were. syncro's are pricey
Eric Taylor
Don't forget Craigslist.org. I'm looking for a vanagon right now and between samba and craigslist they are plentaful.
Eric
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (glstrojan @ Apr 5 2005, 08:52 AM)
i saw quite a few on autotrader.com recently. not sure why i was looking at them, but there they were. syncro's are pricey

I was thinking about getting a syncro but damn they are spendy. Even a POS was $4000.

Eric, you should have no problem finding one, you live in VW bus central. laugh.gif
bd1308
there are quite a few around louisville, and i know the VW guy real well....(only place i take my car to...if i dont do it myself) he dont have one for sale.....yet.
Eric Taylor
LOL- yeah sean, I'm sitting in pertoulie oil heaven over here. The only problem is I don't want one that has a peace sign instead of a vw emblem!
Eric

P.S.
sean do you ride mtn bike?
bd1308
okay autotrader only goes back to 81....anything else....
bd1308
i'm goign to have to sell my kidney....or save up money...but i should sell one of them b4 doctors cure organ failures....anybody want my right kidney...i'm partial to my left one...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.