Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Story of Minerva's 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Minerva's 914
In May of 1973, Minerva took delivery on her first new car from Triangle Porsche Audi in Durham, NC. A beautiful 914 2.0, Alaska Blue with tan interior, appearance group and Fuchs. In Oct 1973, I was dropping off my new 1973 Audi 100 LS for it's 1200 mile new car check up at Triangle and meet her as she was picking up her car from servicing. We dated and got married May 18, 1975 and we kept the car in storage from about 1990 until 2010 when I finally got excited about returning it to it's original glory. It has about 80,000 miles on it and we intend to keep it as long as I'm around and can care for it.

My original intention was to title it again in May of 2013, it's 40th birthday but was only about 70% done at that point so we continue to piddle along and at the moment we're about 90% done, but the last 10% seems to be roughly 70% of the job, so I'm thinking about sending it to John Forbes at Black Forest Racing and let him wrap it up for me while I can still get in and out of it. (I drive a 987.2 to keep my thighs in shape to lift my ass up and out)

I'll attach photos if that's okay and hope that the number of pix is not out of line.

Thanks,

Brady (or Mr Minerva if you please)

r_towle
Fantastic story.

I hope you find a way to get it done so you can take more summer rides in your dating car.

Rich
Tom_T
Great story Mr. Minerva .... err Brady! biggrin.gif

If I hadn't been a starving college student in 70-74, then I would've LOVED to have that exact combo in a 73-74 2.0! drooley.gif wub.gif

Good luck on the resto & Git er dun! sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif first.gif

.... are you sure you don't need that Beige Corduroy seat cushion for this build!!?? confused24.gif

welcome.png

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 5 2016, 12:51 AM) *

Great story Mr. Minerva .... err Brady! biggrin.gif

If I hadn't been a starving college student in 70-74, then I would've LOVED to have that exact combo in a 73-74 2.0! drooley.gif wub.gif

Good luck on the resto & Git er dun! sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif first.gif

.... are you sure you don't need that Beige Corduroy seat cushion for this build!!?? confused24.gif

welcome.png

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

No I have the original tan leatherette that is in pretty good shape. I got the Beige Corduroy seat bottom several years ago in a bundled parts buy and stored it away and forgot about it until this week as I was packing to move. Got some other stuff I'll be listing as time goes by.
porschetub
very nice beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Very nice, I have a thing for Alaska Blue.
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 5 2016, 01:44 AM) *

Yes, me too.

Funny thing is, Porsche introduced a very similar blue, though slightly lighter, named Minerva Blue. I told my wife Minerva they named it in her honor.

Brady
76-914
Nice car but I couldn't see where you were having any difficulties. Might as well finish it yourself then post a pic of you two in it. And it can be from '73 or '16. beerchug.gif
Jason74914
Awesome story and super nice build so far!
Keep us up to date...and don't worry, this forum LOVES pics!
era vulgaris
welcome.png

I'm not too far from you. I live about 15 minutes south of Downtown Raleigh, near Garner. If you ever see a Laguna Blue 914 with black 5 lug Fuchs wheels driving around the Triangle, that's me. Flag me down and say hey!

Great looking car, btw! Hope to see it out on the road soon.
914Next
Love it! And love the story. I think I would consider having it finished up but John. You deserve to drive that car and if you think it will take you too long, give it to someone else so that you can enjoy it!
914-300Hemi
Great story and car.
napasteve
"Great story and car."

agree.gif
t collins
welcome.png Wonderful story and great car. You should target your completion in time to attend Okteenterfest in September! http://okteenerfest.com/
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 5 2016, 08:50 AM) *

Nice car but I couldn't see where you were having any difficulties. Might as well finish it yourself then post a pic of you two in it. And it can be from '73 or '16. beerchug.gif

Problem has become finding the time to finish it. We sold our house with 2 car garage and moved to a townhouse and have been working on it at MillerSport in Hillsborough, NC which was a 45min drive. Then we moved again and the drive became anywhere from 1.25 to 1.5 hour drive depending on traffic, making it difficult to make the time. 3 hours of windshield time quickly eats into the work time.

Minerva's 914
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jun 5 2016, 09:16 AM) *

welcome.png

I'm not too far from you. I live about 15 minutes south of Downtown Raleigh, near Garner. If you ever see a Laguna Blue 914 with black 5 lug Fuchs wheels driving around the Triangle, that's me. Flag me down and say hey!

Great looking car, btw! Hope to see it out on the road soon.

Thanks, we'll need to get together and tell 'Teener stories, tall tales, & lies

beerchug.gif
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(t collins @ Jun 5 2016, 10:20 AM) *

welcome.png Wonderful story and great car. You should target your completion in time to attend Okteenterfest in September! http://okteenerfest.com/

Planning on it, we'll see how it goes
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png
carr914
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Jun 5 2016, 07:49 AM) *

Yes, me too.

Funny thing is, Porsche introduced a very similar blue, though slightly lighter, named Minerva Blue. I told my wife Minerva they named it in her honor.

Brady

I Painted this 914 Minerva Blue!

Click to view attachment
Mueller
Cool way to meet and great backstory!

Very nice car!
whitetwinturbo
I would say that is BLUE boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
Cairo94507
welcome.png Love the story and especially love the car. beerchug.gif
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 5 2016, 11:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Jun 5 2016, 07:49 AM) *

Yes, me too.

Brady

I Painted this 914 Minerva Blue!

Click to view attachment

NICE 914!

I wanted to repaint Minerva's car in Minerva Blue, and while she thought it would be cool to have a Porsche in Minerva Blue she opted to stay original. She is right, as always!

dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.